Author Topic: Where to put discussion of fuel cell technology? [CLOSED]  (Read 1204 times)

techquisys

Where to put discussion of fuel cell technology? [CLOSED]
« on: March 04, 2009, 06:39:22 AM »
Fuell cell technology is not solar, it's not hydro (not really, but it sort of could be), it's not wind power. So what is it? Where does it go? If I want to talk about fuell cell-related stuff?

Probably on another forum.

Fuel Cell posting policy is the same as hydrogen production posting policy. Only if you are doing it yourself.  

Too much hype, misinformation and predatory commercial ventures pimping it. This forum is for DIY, practical Renewable Energy production. TW

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:39:22 AM by (unknown) »

techquisys

Re: Where to put discussion of fuel cell..
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:46:09 PM »
Sorry. I should have mentioned, I'm an alternative energy, renewable energy, fuel cell technology researcher.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:46:09 PM by techquisys »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Where to put discussion of fuel cell..
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:18:43 AM »
techquisys,

Funny, near as I can tell your site is a shell with nothing much beyond technobabble but with plenty of ads?

I did not see anything on Wind or Solar or Fuel Cells of a DIY nature whatsoever.

So whats to discuss is my question?

Tom

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:18:43 AM by TomW »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Where to put discussion of fuel cell technology?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:51:57 AM »
I agree with Tom W. on this one.

There have been discussions from posters about H2 production and such, but those include pics, diagrams and such.

What really turns me away quickly is your website's link to "how-to-make-money" using robots.

I personally/ professionally hate 'bots. Way too many scams and adware bots to change my mind at this point.

Best thing would be to say build something like H2 gathering by having a dump controller used to split water and capture the H2, store it then show a how-to assemble PEM. Then use the H2 to store back the power .

Good luck, come back soon with pics and such.

Bruce S

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:51:57 AM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

spinningmagnets

Re: Where to put discussion of fuel cells ?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 10:26:22 AM »
Stephen Friend is a wealthy early adopter who has done this at his mansion on Stuart island.

His neighbors all have solar PV and wind-gens like him, but on those days with no wind/sun they use Propane-engine back-up generation to keep their batteries topped off.

His system electrolyzes water to get H2 on excessively windy days, then uses a fuel cell to convert the stored H2 to electricity as a battery back-up.

Nothing mysterious about it, but it is not DIY or cheap.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:26:22 AM by spinningmagnets »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
Yep on both parts.

There has even been one on Sunday Morning about how a gent uses PVs and uses excess to gen H2 as backup, then...>>> they cut to his H2 storage and you can quiuckly see that it's no where cheap.

PEM Could be DIY but anywhere you see "build" your own PEMs thing very $$$ and even lower output than "store bought". & stirage is another thing. WOW are the tanks expensive!!

I'm pretty sure Tom W. was trying to get across to poster, that he needed to show as you and I have deeper thought/disign type stuff.

His website is setup for forwarded link counters and such.

Cheers

Bruce S

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:45:00 AM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »
Bruce;

His website is setup for forwarded link counters and such.

And that is exactly why this is going away in the morning. Only left it so the OP could see "why" it is not germane to this forum.

Tom

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 11:26:05 AM by TomW »