Author Topic: New board software.. etc .. suggestion  (Read 920 times)

Rover

New board software.. etc .. suggestion
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:32:07 PM »
To those in the capacity to shape the migration to a newer software, a suggestion.. subdivide the wind categories, doesn't mean you can't read them all, but should post in the one that reflects your endeavors

Ok right, the current level of posts,  we can suffice with  one wind category. But when/if the software changes, the posts may increase.

There is an obvious difference between the "Large" wind and "Smaller" wind folk.  I suggest creating two topics/sub forums etc. I think a subdivision may enhance the board.

Just a thought, create a boundary at 8' diameter blade rotation.. guess those who go into larger and those who go into smaller?. (How many  have an 8 ft blade diameter? .. 7' yes a lot, 10 yes a lot.. but 8'?)

The technologies for the 2 levels are sufficiently different to warrant it.

Typically...

Large wind.

• Home made horizontal axial (ok vertical too) units

• Larger swept aread (duh?)

• Some larger commercial units (2 kw or larger)

• Blades: a lot of home made, lower velocity, higher power

Small Wind

• Homemade, re-engineered , ECM, treadmill, other small alternators/generators

• High to very high velocity

• Blades: a lot of commercial, some pvc, fewer homemade, high velocity, lower power

• Experimental ( Trape drives etc)

Just a thought....

p.s... I'm in "small wind" .. .

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:32:07 PM by (unknown) »
Rover
<Where did I bury that microcontroller?>

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: New board software.. etc .. suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »
With it being Seminar Season I would not hold my breathe waiting for any upgrades.

Haven't heard a thing in weeks about whats going on.

Seems as soon as one poster says "It works fine for me" it reset the priority to zero?

You should try doing any editorial stuff here. Planets were formed faster than Scoop returns pages doing that!

I agree we need to massage the sections some but I doubt this forum is very high up the priority list with spring coming on.

Just my theory.

Tom

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:05:42 PM by TomW »