Author Topic: So much Info  (Read 1136 times)

harley1782000

• I thought so too.....
So much Info
« on: August 13, 2008, 08:06:47 PM »
I just would like to say that I am new to this site and I have been using the search function to search the site. I have answered so many of my question that I wanted to post. I must say to anyone that is new to the site, take time and search your question. There is a lot of info.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:06:47 PM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: So much Info
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 02:43:36 PM »
Harley;

Well, I must say, I am glad you could find answers yourself. Really.

I would also bet that, while researching your initial questions, you answered several you did not even know you had.

I always felt that the real point of these online resources was so folks could find information they need without outside help.

If nothing else you can now pose questions that are clear and concise when the time comes that something is unclear.

By spending the time and effort yourself you have a much broader knowledge than if someone had simple spoon fed you an answer.

BRAVO!

Tom

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:43:36 PM by TomW »

harley1782000

• I thought so too.....
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 04:57:22 PM »
Thank you.  I don't like the spoon fed option unless I really get stumped big time or am just totaly confused. Yes I did answer questions that I didn't even think about till I started reading.  The knowledge base that the people have on this site is awsome.  I love the trial and error part.  I feel that is the only way you will know if something is or is not going to work.  Thank you again.

Jim

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 04:57:22 PM by harley1782000 »

zap

• There's an app for that
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »
Hear hear... kudos Jim.  I applaud you.

I too am mostly of the "do it myself" ilk.  I lurked the board for a few years before joining and asking a question and I REALLY like it when the board switched to 'Scoop'... searching was so much easier.

I know more than a few people here get tired of the one's that want to be spoon fed.

Good luck.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 05:12:29 PM by zap »