Author Topic: Just checking  (Read 889 times)

TheCasualTraveler

Just checking
« on: December 28, 2007, 06:39:26 PM »
I've done my research and looked at all the drawings and explanations and just want to double check before making my stator...

12 pole, 9 coils wired 3 phase star

The coils should all be placed on the stator with the windings all in the same direction, all clockwise or all counterclockwise.  yes/no

One phase should be wired starting the first coil's inside winding going to the next coil's inside winding and then the other wire from that winding, an outside wire goes to the next coils outside wire and that makes one phase. Yes/no

If I do that three times for 3 phases I will end up with 6 loose wires that then go to the rectifiers. Yes/no

Sorry to sound like a moron when it all looks so simple but this winding direction and inside outside coils makes my head hurt.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 06:39:26 PM by (unknown) »

martin1

Re: Just checking
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 01:51:12 PM »
http://www.otherpower.com/trips2.html

Go to the middle of the page and you will se how the coils are connected.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:51:12 PM by martin1 »

TheCasualTraveler

Re: Just checking
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »
Thanks Martin1. I remember seeing that diagram before but I couldn't find it again. Also, other descriptions seemed contrary. Trying hard to learn I have simply been connecting the coils in differant combinations to see the results. I'll wire it exactly the way it is in that diagram and check it against my other results. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 08:27:33 PM by TheCasualTraveler »