Author Topic: Newbies need help.  (Read 1242 times)

ienciu

Newbies need help.
« on: September 02, 2008, 04:07:14 PM »
Hey to all

I have twelve piece NE magnets the magnet size are thirty ten five mm .

I need help and advice what kind of wire(thick in mm) and

coil how many turns clockwise or not,somebody please tell me

what is the right distance between two magnets.

I want to build a small generator to load a twelve volts battery.

When you said cut in speed what is that?

Any advice will be appreciated many thanks to all.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:07:14 PM by (unknown) »

Jeff

Re: Newbies need help.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:48:04 AM »
Welcome! I guess I'm a "semi-newbie" here, but I can at least give you the most likely answer you're going to get. I started my first generator for my 12v system recently. All the "guru's" here will tell you pretty much the same thing: This has been answered a LOT, so start a WORD document (or whatever you use to write a text letter), and use the SEARCH function here. It's in the menu on the top-right of the opening page here. Use "search the board" or "google search the board". Start copying & pasting what you find into your new document (let's call it "my new generator"). It makes it much easier to read offline, and you'll come up with many new questions, and answer many of your own!

Just for starters, look at a few of the "ready-made" windmills. Then look at some of the ones people here have made. Do some searching and reading here, and you'll learn a LOT, and you may be able to come up with your own answers.

and...best of luck to ya'!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:48:04 AM by Jeff »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
This .PDF file should give you all the information to help any newbie get started making power from the wind.

http://www.sparweb.ca/AXIAL_FLUX_HowItWorks_V1a.pdf

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:56:53 PM by wooferhound »

mixerman

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 09:31:54 PM »
Quote: Start copying & pasting what you find into your new document

I sure wish I would have done this 2 months ago! MY hotlist is as lone as my leg.

Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mixerman

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:31:54 PM by mixerman »

ienciu

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 06:23:05 AM »
Thanks for your respons and advices i read and maybe i put more questions.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:23:05 AM by ienciu »

Jeff

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 12:24:47 PM »
That's an excellent link Woof gave out! Wish I had that one when I got atarted, it would've saved me HOURS! That one's worth copying & saving in 2-3 places just so you never loose it!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:24:47 PM by Jeff »

Skyrider

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 07:01:23 AM »
Hi Woof!

I'm a very new mewbe. I'm forced into a field I've never had any interest in but as necessity is the mother of invention, I need to get acquainted fast!

I live in the jungle outside of Bombay (Mumbai), India. I'm in social work with the lives of several beside myself. There are power lines, but they only work when they want to. And they are very clever to know exactly when they are needed most.

I have an inverter with a great big truck battery. I know nothing about this but it has worked regularly for four years. I'd have to get information about it from the people I bought it from. But I think what I need is SEVERAL of these batteries, and some kind of photovoltaic or wind turbine to keep the batteries going long after the power has gone.

Anyone can see that I don't know what I want as I don't even know the first question to ask about what the differences are or how what might or might not work. If anyone could point me the right direction on what to read, I think I could make a word document that I could study as was suggested above.

Is there a way to have an eMail notice when a post has been posted on any given thread?

Thanks, Guys, and forgive the nuisance questions.

Best!

Sky~

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 07:01:23 AM by Skyrider »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 08:37:03 AM »
Sky;

No, there is no email notification option for replies to your posts or other stories. There is a "hotlist" option that might help track that stuff, however.

I would suggest you post a Diary with the same info as this post.

That would give you a way to introduce yourself and your questions without diverting an ongoing thread. It would be much more likely to give good answers then to specific questions

Tom

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 08:37:03 AM by TomW »