Author Topic: Low Torque, Low RPM Generator Design (Help)  (Read 18111 times)

spinningmagnets

Re: Low Torque, Low RPM Generator Design (Help)
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 08:46:38 PM »
"...unfortunately for me, time is my most precious resource at this point..."

All you young kids are spoiled and lazy! you can sleep when you're dead.

"I was Poland, and he was a Stuka dive bomber" -Madeline Kahn in "High Anxiety"

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:46:38 PM by spinningmagnets »

spinningmagnets

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 09:34:14 PM »
Jeff, you may not have realized it, but you could have saved a lot of confusion and precious time had you mentioned earlier that its a "revolutionary and innovative new VAWT!" that you intend to directly generate 120 VAC/60 Hz with.

For 120V you may find a quicker solution looking at the generators in the hydro section. Its rare to find a good hydro site, but if you do and there is a large feed pond, you have the option of turning the flow "on" and having it designed and adjusted to provide a steady 120V.

Concerning Flux's knighthood? Flux, I am always amazed at your patience and willingness to provide long detailed answers to posters who often don't know yet what the proper question is for their problem. (What are the benefits of becoming a knight of the realm, protector of the crown? Hmmm)

The Wright Brothers may have flown first, but they never thought to get a pilots license. After all, who would test them? After Curtiss got one, they agreed it might be a good example to establish "some" initial standards, so they got licenses #3 and #4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Curtiss

Sooo, if there ever is a course degree started for teaching RE, I should think Fluxs RE/EE and RE/ME would be in the single digits. Many thanks, kind sir...

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:34:14 PM by spinningmagnets »

MattM

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 11:25:12 PM »
So could Jeff be looking for an "isokinetic" machine, where the force applied varies but the actual velocity of the movement is uniformly constant?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:25:12 PM by MattM »