Author Topic: My blades are finished  (Read 986 times)

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
My blades are finished
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:54:53 AM »
I finished my blades, I put 24 gauge stainless on the leading edges and .032 aluminum on the trailing edges, the aluminum is glued on with gorilla glue, it was clamped every inch with spring clamps, it is very well bonded, on the leading edge I formed the SS to match airfoil and drilled and countersunk screw holes in the point of the LE, after two coats of single part marine polyurethane were applied I screwed the SS on then hit the screw heads with a DA and they pretty much disappeared, you can still see some of the philips drive slot, I uploaded pics to my gallery but don't have the slightest idea about how to post them any more.

I also have pics of the brackets I welded to my rotor plates to hold the magnets, I painted the spot under the mags with the marine polyurethane then placed the magnets then painted over the whole thing, I think this stuff encapsulates the magnets really well, it is a high performance single part polyurethane from west marine.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:54:53 AM by (unknown) »
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

willib

• SuperHero Member
Re: My blades are finished
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 02:29:38 AM »
Here ya go

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:29:38 AM by willib »
Carpe Ventum (Seize the Wind)