Author Topic: The Quarantine Zone - Flying Pigs, Carnivorous Moose, and Free Energy  (Read 3511 times)

(unknown)

The Quarantine Zone

There are certain topics of discussion that really get people upset. That includes us.

Now there's a place for all that stuff. Anything posted in the Quarantine Zone will NOT appear on the Front Page of this board...but will stay readily accessable in this section.

From now on, we reserve the right to move any posting to the Quarantine Zone without warning. This includes flame wars, flying pigs, carnivorous moose, and certain free energy and religious topics that tend to rile people up.

In the near future, registered users will be able to vote postings both into the Quarantine Zone, and right out of it onto the front page.

But for now, postings will be sent here by the ADMIN. If you object, feel free to complain here all you wish. Everything you say will be read and considered.

Cheers
ADMIN

« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 02:45:51 PM by (unknown) »

Dave B

• DCB Energy Systems
Agree completely
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 03:29:25 PM »
Now how about the BOLD, RED color for # of new messages ?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 03:29:25 PM by Dave B »
DCB Energy Systems
http://dcbenergy.com/

ADMIN

Board changes
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 09:01:14 PM »
On the way! Plus lots of other changes too.
DANF
« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 09:01:14 PM by ADMIN »

WetinOR

Mind stretching?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 09:24:10 PM »
I enjoy a good mind stretch like probably most of others on the board.  Free energy if nothing else gets a good discussion going.  However....

The inclusion of your religious beliefs on a technical forum steps over the lines in my opinion.  In another place I would welcome a healthly religious discussion, but not here where I like to come to see the latest and greatest ideas and projects from the other users.

I welcome the Quarantine Zone.  Thanks Dan!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 09:24:10 PM by WetinOR »

Demetri

Heartily welcomed!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 11:09:03 PM »
You forgot the miniature elephants and talking bricks and six foot mice!

Demetri
« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 11:09:03 PM by Demetri »

xeroid

Quarantine Zone a great idea.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 08:11:48 AM »
Great idea guys.  Way to go!

I admire your diplomatic and flexible solution.  It's hard to please everybody, and you guys are in a tricky position.  

I think you handled the situation masterfully!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 08:11:48 AM by xeroid »

ADMIN

No offense we hope
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 09:12:33 AM »
And hopefully we didn't offend anyone -- Techstuf has posted and about ferrofluid, air wells, centrifugal pumps -- and we don't want to censor anyone!

ADMIN

« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 09:12:33 AM by ADMIN »

troy

You should run for office...
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 10:37:12 AM »
Thank you for your very excellent and diplomatic solution to an obviously difficult dilemma.  If our politicians demonstrated half of the savvy you guys show in running this board, this would be a happier world.

Best Regards!

troy

« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 10:37:12 AM by troy »

wiredup

flying pigs
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 03:48:09 PM »
my great great grandpa told me a screat of how to breed a pig with a roster. if any one wants to no send 19.95 dollars to his grave site in kentuckey.thanks,....SLMAO
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 03:48:09 PM by wiredup »

Johnny Cool Pants

Quarantine
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2003, 01:15:52 AM »
What's this I hear about Johnny Cool Pants getting his own section?

Oh, Techstuf?  Dang, that guy's hard to beat.

Nevermind.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2003, 01:15:52 AM by Johnny Cool Pants »

(unknown)

Re: No offense we hope
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 03:55:54 AM »
"The Quarantine Zone

There are certain topics of discussion that really get people upset. That includes us.

Now there's a place for all that stuff. Anything posted in the Quarantine Zone will NOT appear on the Front Page of this board...but will stay readily accessable in this section.."

WHY DOES IT GET THEM UPSET??????????????????????????????????????????

THINK MOE!

Those people make the rest of us upset!  Move them to the "Gripe Zone"!  I think they're "disruptors"

« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 03:55:54 AM by (unknown) »

(unknown)

Re: No offense we hope
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 04:28:52 AM »
Again (they don't have to click on it)  sounds like they just don't want anyone else to see it, which makes me want to take a second look at it, hmmmm?

What next?, a complaint that I just voiced (my) opinion on the matter?  Like a complaint that people who disagree with them shouldn't be heard?  "Get rid of that guy"?

I have a complaint against the complaining.  

That is, most people don't complain because they're afraid it makes them look like a sissy or a whiner. People are also reluctant to email someone else and ask, "Hey should I be a whiner and send a complaint to Dan, and will you send one with me?"

Just doesn't happen.  Because the guy on the other end would say, "Wow this guy's a big baby and a snitch" No, most people who use email complaint techniques, are groups, well organized.

They don't want (others) to see certain things.

By the way I didn't see any posting by Techstuff on ferrofluid, I'll have to check his post list, but I know ferrofluid works quite well and can be used for small pump work.  Are you saying that was one of his assets, or more of his offensive material?  Just curious.

"Great idea guys. Way to go! I admire your diplomatic and flexible solution. It's hard to please everybody, and you guys are in a tricky position. I think you handled the situation masterfully!

Regards, XEROID."

Roid, how do you call, siding with the wishes of Five names, "Diplomatic"?

Or are others siding with you against Anonymity, using the Anonymity of email?  There's a twist.  If so, it would be interesting to try to match a zillion complaint emails with the emails of actual registered board users, and, whom actually post anything.

Just my nickle, Tic Tac, and piece of lint, worth.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 04:28:52 AM by (unknown) »