Author Topic: Mini posting Primer This is the title [first text entry area]  (Read 1781 times)

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Mini posting Primer This is the title [first text entry area]
« on: October 27, 2003, 06:31:28 AM »
This is where you type in your story [third text entry area]. Type all you want in here.

It just seemed like a good time to try to clarify a bit how this works as I have been fixing these type problems lately. Reading the instructions on the "submit posting" page would help a lot but few apparently do that:

Submit New Story

Thank you for taking the time to post!

Here are some general guidelines:

* Pick the section and topic carefully! This lets readers find the information they need quickly, and turns this board into a valuable resource when using the SEARCH function.

* Before posting, please do some research on your question by using the search function and reading the FAQs. Your question may have already been answered multiple times.

* Text in the INTRO box (which shows on the front page) is limited to 30 words or less, so the board stays lean and clean. Photos are not allowed in the intro box.

* Only the html tags listed for each are allowed in story and intro text. No HTML is allowed in the title. Avoid punctuation-type characters in the title; they are causing problems.

* You can post photos from your own server by using HTML [IMG] tags in your text, or upload the photos to our server. You can use the handy Javascript on this page to automatically insert the [IMG] tags into your text from the pull-down menu of your uploads.

If you set your posting format under your Comment Preferences menu to "Auto" the board will automatically make your links work automatically

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 06:31:28 AM by (unknown) »

Farmer

Thanks & question about posting
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 09:49:15 AM »
Thanks for this thread!

I have read through the help files several times but for some reason I cannot figure out why I cannot reply to a post which does not have any responses.

I would love to give some assistance to the fellow with well problems http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2004/9/28/6596/58724 but for some reason I cannot reply to his thread.  Do I need to have reached a certain number of posts before I can be the first person to respond to some threads??

I'd like to understand what is happening here.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 09:49:15 AM by Farmer »