Author Topic: Otherpower Board Email address changed  (Read 1780 times)

(unknown)

Otherpower Board Email address changed
« on: July 23, 2004, 10:19:38 AM »
So, admin@otherpower.com and info@otherpower.com no longer work -- if they are still in your address book and you mail us, you'll recieve an autoresponse directing you to the correct web page that has our new email address.

That's at:

http://www.otherpower.com/contact_op.html

We apologize for any inconvenience! Our SPAM load was topping 2000 per day, and I know we often missed important messages because of trying to find them in the SPAM.

ADMIN
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 10:19:38 AM by (unknown) »

dconn

Re: Otherpower Board Email address changed
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 12:32:49 PM »
I had a SPAM problem like this - I spent 1/2 hour every morning getting rid of the nightly spam.  I installed and started using "spambayes" (with procmail on an Linux O/S) last week.  Its working really really well (although I did train it on SPAM already identified by MessageLabs - a very expensive service).  Now I get so little email I keep thinking somethings broken.  I advise anyone to check this freeware product out.

Derek

« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 12:32:49 PM by dconn »

inode buddha

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 08:56:37 PM »
Amen to that - I've been doing this sort of thing for years, running Linux with a conbination of whitelists and Bayes filters. Works like a charm.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 08:56:37 PM by inode buddha »

iFred

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 08:21:51 AM »

I used to get ton's of spam on my page. the fix was to use a web based email page (contact page) that uses CGI script to send the email to another email location. Rather then saying here is my email... spam me... THe cgi script is the only program that knows where the emial is being sent to a specific address. This cut spam by 99%. only the importent email get through. The nice part is that I can at any time change my email address without notifying everyone, the email just simply get redirected to the new email address in the script, kills spam and no filters needed and the email still gets directed to me. Take a look at my web page and the contact page, if you want the script i'll be more then happy to give it to you.

Fred.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 08:21:51 AM by iFred »