Author Topic: Trying Something New...  (Read 11292 times)

pyrocasto

Re: Trying Something New...
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 08:41:36 PM »
Looks very nice Tom. Way to clean up the board and remain nice and inviting at the same time IMHO.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 08:41:36 PM by pyrocasto »

brkwind2

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 06:09:55 AM »
I should add that I appreciate everyones patience & taking the time to reply to my questions.  (I'm being sincere. Not like my usual smart aleck self)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 06:09:55 AM by brkwind2 »

elvin1949

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »
TomW

If that does not fix or at least help solve

the problem,then nothing will.

Glad i don't have your job.

later

Elvin
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:47:06 PM by elvin1949 »

finnsawyer

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 09:16:08 AM »
I see I should have posted here about giving us a little warning when you make a posting dead (disabling comments).  Well, this post has gone quite a ways down the list.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:16:08 AM by finnsawyer »

byndhlpng

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 01:18:44 PM »
TomW,

I came to this discussion board with all the wrong expectations. In

doing things the wrong way at the beginning, I stepped on some peoples toes and upset a few members. I believe that, now, any posting I attempt to make will be

undermined by those few who are still upset with me.  I was very frustrated in

the beginning when (seemingly) simple questions were (in my eyes) ignored. Some

seemed to be willing to help and some tried adding humor(Myself

included) and all that kind of stuff was taken in the wrong context.  

Now I feel as though I am being singled out (behind the scenes) to have

anything i am involved in to be squelched out. Further attempts to learn in this forum will be wasted time and effort by me.

I am not pointing you or any one person out directly. I am not sending this

to everyone, but I thought you would at least listen.  At this point I

can only believe that you have enough clout in the discussion forum to

pass along my thoughts:

To whom it may concern,

"I came to Forcefield to learn about RE.  I misunderstood how the forum

worked and I (unknowingly) abused the system and it's membership.  I

inadvertently made some enemies caused by inappropriate comments.  Some

of those comments were stated out of frustration.  None the less, I no

longer feel welcome here.  Knowledge is an ever flowing river and  I just

happened on to the wrong place for me.  I hope there are no undo

hardships placed on any friendly relationships caused by me.

It is my request that my membership be terminated and my profile

information be deleted from all records.

Good luck to all and I hope there will be many successful projects.

again I appologize for any unwarranted events which may

have upset anyone.

Please accept my humble regrets.

Thank you,

byndhlpng

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:18:44 PM by byndhlpng »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
byndhlpng;

Well, I, for one, do not hold grudges, its too hard on my blood pressure.

I think it is common online to be misunderstood. It is worse when the audience is international and there is a language barrier. That is the situation here a lot of the time.

I tend to do the knee jerk reaction first then rethink it later. I am working on that.

I would implore you to give it another chance. Kick back awhile and just watch and see if you can get some info in a passive way. I don't think anyone here really holds a grudge or will blacklist you for any early communication misunderstandings.

I believe you just happened on the board at a time of high stress levels with lots of new folks with lots of unresearched questions. Some of us are concerned with this type stuff diluting the quality of this resource.

Bottom line here is that we truly do want to help people, especially people with a desire to create their own power.

Some of our finest members got off on the wrong foot and got an arse chewing in the beginning of their membership here. By me. A few are now what I consider good, close online friends. A lot like a family, really. We argue and we fight and we can get mean but it usually blows over as fast as it erupted. We have banished or otherwise run off troublesome users over the years but it usually is only for gross misconduct. You certainly don't fit that category.

I honestly urge you to hang around and soak up some of the great knowledge here. Give it another try, at least in a passive role.

Anyone truly interested in learning should be welcome here and I think in general they are. We just expect folks to at least attempt to enlighten themselves as a preliminary step to posting here. Similar to prerequisites in college coursework.

Anyway think it over and reply if you want me to anonymize your account.

Not sure of the repercussions of killing your posts because replies and / or comments will be killed also and those belong to others.

Let me know.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 02:01:49 PM by TomW »

dynaman

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 04:56:53 PM »
I too would consider myself a newbie and like many, many others who come across this forum do not always understand how exactly to navigate it. I have on occasion asked for information on projects and have recieved answers that range from way over my head, to exactly what I needed and could understand, to rather mean spirited. I understand that sometimes what I read is not the way the writer intended to come across, and sometimes it probably is. I also am not as internet savy as some others. I have no idea what it takes to maintain this site in both energy and dollars I don't know if my questions use up limited stoarage space or slow down the site. There are probably zillions like me out there. I have read questions that even I have seen as not well thought out, I may well have even asked some, however I have a real desire to learn more about renewable energy, lower my energy requirements and be be kinder to the environment. I would hope that people get involved in this forum because they like sharing their knowledge. If a question is that bad no one has to respond to it. All that said I think the response that Tom drew up in his last post is well stated, to the point and positive, and hopefully will go a long way in solving the problems that these posts seem to cause.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 04:56:53 PM by dynaman »

Goose

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 07:37:24 PM »
I hear you ghurd. lol

I only come to this forum anymore to read things like this.  

This is one of the best posts in along time!

go git em Tom
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 07:37:24 PM by Goose »

byndhlpng

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 06:02:44 AM »
TomW,

Thank you but no thank you. Please do what you feel is fair concerning my posts that contain replies from others.

I would just not feel comfortable here with the current atmosphere. Please delete my profile and recind my membership.

Byndhlpng

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:02:44 AM by byndhlpng »

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 05:35:08 PM »
no big brothers please....

we were all newbies at one time...

;}

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:35:08 PM by hiker »
WILD in ALASKA

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 09:53:09 PM »
Although I tend to agree with you Hiker,

Tom makes a valid point, there is quite abit of 'dilution' going on with the subsance of replys, overall, in general.

I submit, that if 3 people request a delition of a reply,in following replies, in succesion, that it should be done without an e-mail corrisponence(sp?)...

JW

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:53:09 PM by JW »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2008, 06:03:26 AM »
hiker;

First, make no mistake, I respect you as a doer who shares his experiences.

no big brothers please....

Uh, did you actually read what I wrote? Doesn't look that way from this comment?

Its more like friendly advice on how to submit than "Big Brother" stuff.

Figures that about 1 in 5 actually read and understand the post as it was intended.

You see, Big Brother wouldn't be explaining he would just do it and do it to anyone who complained they thought he was doing it.

This is just to give them a chance to resubmit after some thought. The original post stays long enough for them to read why it happened.

Please go back and READ what I actually wrote rather than just assume the worst, Really.

By all means, disagree if you actually disagree with what was written, not simply to disagree with me, please.

I don't have any older brothers but the guys I know who had big brothers had a defender, a teacher and a mentor, plus the occasional butt kicker. Maybe I misunderstood your reference to "big brother"? In this sense we could all use a big brother, I think.

TomW

« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 06:03:26 AM by TomW »

Volvo farmer

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2008, 01:31:24 AM »
I hate to admit it, but I like how this seems to be working. The locked tag is good, the link to the OP is excellent. One thing you might do for clarification is something like.

--------------------------------------------

Editor: OK here is my response. Go read THIS.. etc.

-----------------------------

Otherwise the comment seems to come from thin air or from God or something ;-)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 01:31:24 AM by Volvo farmer »
Less bark, more wag.