Author Topic: Lets write some articles for the FAQs Section  (Read 12184 times)

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: Lets write some articles for the FAQs Section
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 03:30:23 PM »
Woof? did you point them to the site news from 1April2008 :-OOO

Bruce S

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 03:30:23 PM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

Lumberjack

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 12:42:53 PM »
Faq's = old school

Wiki = new school

Theres nothing wrong with old school but....a well done wiki is a lot more usefull.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 12:42:53 PM by Lumberjack »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008, 04:14:17 PM »
Maybe we can get Fungus to set up a site on the Drupal server he has access to.

I think it does "Wiki like" stuff.

What I dislike about Wiki is anyone can change stuff. Be they moron or genius.

Lots of talk about this over the years but little action.

Lots of us are stuck in "old ways" around here. We figure knowledge should require some personal initiative.

Fact is, as long as laziness is rewarded with answers [as it often is here], nobody will expend any effort to find it for themselves. Just part of the fast food mentality infecting the world.

Having said that, I think it is an excellent idea to warehouse some information where that one in a thousand person with desire to learn by personal effort will use it.

I tried to do some definitions of common terms long ago but this group cannot agree on which way "up" is so I gave up defending every word and nobody seems to have tried again.

Its your chance at fame and fortune, LumberJack.

Tom

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 04:14:17 PM by TomW »

spinningmagnets

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 03:51:26 PM »
IMHO, I believe a "picture sizing" tutorial would be useful (PC + Mac). I have seen pics of PMA's, PMM's, and AFAIK, a pic is worth a kilo-word when a noob (like me) is trying to convey an idea. FWIW, I have never read IIRC, and as always, YMMV (JK!)

"When cryptography is outlawed, only 47DE6FD will have 1D10E3A4D41E"  -Backyard Skunkworks @ 4hv.org

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 03:51:26 PM by spinningmagnets »

KE6CVH

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 09:35:14 AM »
Woof,  What do you think about the idea of expanding the FAQ to include links to informative postings?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:35:14 AM by KE6CVH »

SDSUMetalHead

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »
My most desired outcomes would be matching alternators to props. I mentioned before that I thought it would be a good idea to compile a spreadsheet of each members machines with everything from magnet size/# magnets/wire size and turns/swept area (or diameter)/voltage/current at XXXRPM/Watts at XXXRPM. I have seen alot of users provide this information on their own diaries and such, but I think it would be both helpful and interesting to see it all side by side when deciding what size turbine to make. I have given up on that file for now since I would rather be calculating my own turbine, but if each user inputs his own information it would be an extremely fast task for those who have that information available to them. If anybody thinks this would be a good idea let me know.

Thanks,

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:02:16 AM by SDSUMetalHead »