Product Reviews > Reviews

"Site Jacking"

(1/12) > >>

juiced:
Tell what. I wont point out resources from now on if you dont want.
   I did not post the origanal thread in which i was basically accused of "site jacking". I put a link to a protective shroud type, stackable windmill.
           If this is such a big deal, why do i activly put links to RE site all day long on my own site?!
  How do i make money from people simply visiting my site?
  Want to see 'revenue'? Tell you what. to date. That is, in -8 months- of solid, everyday and steady work; i have made $27.85 and that is when you CLICK ON A GOOGLE AD.
  That F---ING infuriurates me. This kinda attitude is exactly what keeps us -ALTERNATIVE- not mainstream.
   If OTHERPOWER.COM / FIELDLINES.COM care to offer an advertising package to me; i would likely accept Hopefully it will be under my 30$ budget.
      Why would i pay? Because i actually respect this site. I could "site jack" 3, 000, 000 other sites around the net if that was my intention.
  + i know FOR A FACT i am responsible for 4 new active(how active and who, i dont know) members here due to "site jacking" fieldlines.com on other sites.
  Im gonna go read something usefull and maybe link someone interested to it now.

juiced:
Registered Members: 98,277 | Posts: 3,974,164
 What is that you may ask?
  That is the stats for the site i link to HERE the most.
     Further more, my "so called site" doesnt deal with the same issues as here. So in reality, once again working together is the key.

juiced:
And FINALLY, :D  I havent crossed any line or changed my intentions one iota. Ive finally gotten a handle on a 250 meg text data base that i build onto every single day.
    So that only leaves me with one question? What do *you do for OTHERS?

jacquesm:
I call bs.

Your last 20 comments or so are typically one liners, marginally on topic, do not contain any relevant information.

If your site is a 'commercial failure' in your eyes because you made too little money, then probably all you need is some more traffic, and fieldlines can provide you with that.

Since Juiced.ca does the exact same thing as Fieldlines.com does (alternative energy discussion forum) you are clearly in competition and trying to leverage your own site of the audience that fieldlines has gathered over the years.

If you really have a contribution to make to fieldlines why don't you axe your 'also ran' site, send the traffic to fieldlines and call it a day. You're not going to get off the ground in any meaningful way, it's been tried before (no names, they became good members after a while) and it did not work...

jacquesm:
Let me follow up on that some more:

Your site has been operational since early June of this year, has 88 members, and about 1620 posting, 99.9% of which were done by you, your buddy 'windustry' and one other member named 'xc_xtc'.

Content seems to be mostly cut & paste stuff from other parties without permission, shamelessly copying entire pages related to the alternative energy field and presenting them as your own content.

It's just another form of google bombing, trying to use other peoples content in order to get traffic to your own site.

That is NOT the way to build a website guys... come on, you should know better.

All it will get you is a day in court in front of a very displeased judge that wonders why you thought copyright did not apply to you. If you're running your board 'fair' you place LINKS not copied articles.

If you think you're going to make a living of the web without doing the hard work then I think you are slightly mistaken. For what it's worth, the 90's are over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version