Author Topic: Off Grid, CLEAN/CANADIAN Server?  (Read 523 times)

juiced

Off Grid, CLEAN/CANADIAN Server?
« on: November 24, 2004, 02:35:20 AM »
I am/have been looking for an off-grid, CLEAN powered 100% (some DT is acceptable) and CANADIAN.

I cant find anything so far.... I admit i didnt look as hard as i do for some things. Once i have my own place, i will likely do it myself. I just simply dont have the resources right now.

From what i understand, off-grid is nearly impossible due to restrictions on satellite usage...

In all honesty, once again if i cant find what im looking for i might decide to do it myself. (with a little help from friends/associates... ;) might be worth a chat)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 02:35:20 AM by (unknown) »

skravlinge

Re: Off Grid, CLEAN/CANADIAN Server?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 06:52:20 AM »
I really do not understand what you are after.Off grid for the power to the server, thats no problem. Off grid to the net is impossible. You can have a  wireless connection to a mast somewhere, or even to something in the space, but it is just a bit of the way, somehow you will be connected to the net, the worlds greatest grid. If you want to avoid the grid, simply put IP 127.0.0.0 and you are off grid with your server, and it is pure local. Dont forget  check all parts in your computer if it is Made in Canada otherwise you  forsee something.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 06:52:20 AM by skravlinge »

juiced

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 11:00:09 AM »
:D

Good point about the box. Didnt even think of that. By off-grid from the net, i mean satelitte relay. Its some 150$ a month... But most companies are refusing to host sites.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 11:00:09 AM by juiced »

picmacmillan

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 03:19:09 PM »
i believe a friend of mine who frequents this site did this, and he posted about it...burkesfallsman.....i could be wrong but if i remember right he had to become an installer for the dish and everything...maybe look at his posts and see if this is what he did or not....have a good one....pickster
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 03:19:09 PM by picmacmillan »

Nando

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 10:29:37 PM »
You can have off-grid connection using a satellite internet and PC phone line.

BURKSFALLMAN is an installer for satellite systems, he even has one and the cost is around 50-60 USA dollars/month.

By the way you can as well have a TV satellite connection with the same antenna, also Ebay many times sell them -- If you can get a 1.2 meter dish and not the smaller one, you are up north.

Canadian will be more expensive.

What is DT ?.

Regards

Nando

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 10:29:37 PM by Nando »