Author Topic: CAR BATTERY CHARGER WHIT A CAR  (Read 333 times)

(unknown)

CAR BATTERY CHARGER WHIT A CAR
« on: August 17, 2005, 02:21:56 PM »
HI

CAN I PUT A 12V 390AMPS CAR BATTERY TO A 24V 2HP ELECTRIC MOTOR(1800-RPM)???

HOW MUCH IT GONA BE RUNING???

CAN I CHARGHE THE BATTERRY WITH A CAR ALTERN IF I PUTED ON A BIKE???

OR MABY IF I PUT ANOTHER ALTERN OF 80 RPM 12V 7AMPS???

FOR ME IS MORE EASY TO PUT THE CAR ALTERN BECAUSE I DONT HAVE MAGNETS FOR MAKE

A LOW RPM ALTERN.

PLEASE ANSWER ME BECAUSE I NEED HELP.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 02:21:56 PM by (unknown) »

nothing to lose

Re: CAR BATTERY CHARGER WHIT A CAR
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 08:42:20 AM »
Yep you need help, the caps lock is on the left, above the shift and below the tab normally. Turn off the caps. Often considered yelling and not polite.

Anyway, I don't think you will find a 390amp car battery. If it's a small battery that is probably Cold Cranking Amps, Not the same as Amp hours. I think most of my car batteries are around 650CCA, I don't bnuy small ones unles it's all that will fit.

You should use deep cycle batteries, as an example of the diffence in AMP hours and Cranking Amps. I have a few LARGE deep cycles Trojan L16P series and they are only 360amp hours. They are about 2-3 times the size as a 650CCA auto battery.

You might be able to use a car battery but you will probably ruin it kinda fast. They are not meant to be drained much, they are built to always be charged, give a short burt of power and charge right back up.

As for using the batteries, I would not expect much run time before it goes dead.

Not sure myself how to figure the power you'd get from the motor. Half the volts, slower speed and maybe half or less the power I think. Not sure on that.

How you gonna run the car alternator?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 08:42:20 AM by nothing to lose »