Author Topic: 1. New developments. 2. Help with solar promotion in my country.  (Read 343 times)

gavanconnolly

What are the newer developments in the kind of solar which is used for home electricity?

Has photo-voltaic energy collection and transfer been superceded yet?

How likely is it with today's known technology that the amount of space of solar energy collection in a panel we can buy on the high street today will produce double the amount of electricity in coming years?

What methods of persuading people to use more electricity in my country, the United Kingdom, and further in the considerably warmer countries south of us where there has been <I> some </I> noticeable attatchment to solar power, would users suggest?

For some background information, there is only a government grant in my country for solar implementation which doesn't cost much, quite bizarrely, rather than the other way around which we are used to. A full system of only two panels, conversion equipment, a battery and wiring to integrate the stored energy into the home electricity system would be probably too expensive to get the aid of a few hundred pounds which most homeowners would benefit from.

The tact of explaining to homeowners that the amount of energy available from the sun's energy, though usually not as great as in The States for example, or Spain, is pretty good, and not so far behind the amount available at the equator, has not seemed much to  elicit action. The difference for our contry is fortunately not so much and much less than I for one expected. This natural fact is a great incentive as it is for me.

I would really love some the opportunity to present in local papers the true benefits of solar energy at home, both self-installed systems and professionally installed systems. Some lovely life stories: How much measurable electricity can two large top of the range panels produce, and what does this power in someone's home? And how about two  of the cheapest panels? Calculating the equivalent power from typical UK sun is easy then. How easy is it to make and install your own equipment, or install factory produced equipment?

Any comments and help welcomed.

Gavan.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 10:32:33 PM by (unknown) »