Author Topic: Ticked off at Grizzley!!  (Read 207 times)

nothing to lose

Ticked off at Grizzley!!
« on: March 06, 2006, 09:20:39 PM »
 Well I don't post here  in Rants too often but I am Very ticked off at Grizzley right now, I'll tell them to read this too!!! Every word is true to the detail. Maybe you should have second thoughts about buying from them also, I do now!!!

Drove about 150 miles to buy a shop press at Harbor Freight. Went to Grizzley to buy some lathe tools and saw a 12ton press I liked so I bought it from them instead of HF. Well second large item I have bought and second item to have missing parts!! I AM NOT HAPPY WITH GRIZZELY!!!

The lathe/mill combo was missing the drill chuck key, no big deal I had one that fit and they gave me one when I went back to the store. BUT this time I drove 150 miles each way and the only thing I really NEEDED was a shop press! I bought theirs, it is missing one of the large springs that returns the jack when you release the presure. It cannot be used  without that spring because of the way it is made. 3-4 WEEKS backorder for one lousy spring! I bought it SATURDAY because I need it for TODAY!! NOT 3-4 WEEKS from today.

So Ok they gave me an RMA number so I can return it for an exchange or whatever.

WHOOPY DOOOO, $92 item, spend $50 or more in gas to return it over a lousy spring that was missing. I live in a rural area so good luck finding one local or I would just buy one.

BULL CRAP!!! I said well then just open another press and mail me the spring I need from it, far better for both of us than me returning this unit to them and getting another one, take 2 WEEKS to do anything????

All the stuff I have bought from Harbor freight and most other places have never been missing parts. Bought 2 large items from Grizzely and both missing something??? Well at least it was only a chuck key for the $1600 combo so I could still use it.

Now heres the question, I was thinking for the motor conversions a nice small portable lathe would be nice. Grizzely has one I liked alot for about $525. Should I buy it and just WONDER what will be MISSING on that????

Well people look at it this way, I can drive to the store 150 miles each way, 300 mile round trip, what if YOU order a big item and have it shipped to you?? Are you going to pay return shipping over missing parts?? Could be VERY EXPENSIVE for large items, so you better find out about that before ordering anything. Need it now or need it in 3-4 weeks???

Well I am selling the # 29 arcs to people, I am the one that ordered them, I am the first to get them, I geuss thanks to GRIZZELY I will be the last to build anything with them!!!! I now have no press to make my rotors with and I cannot drive back up there till at least next weekend I think. Gee I sure am glad I spent that other $130 or so with them for the other stuff I also needed, inside borring bar, Kurling tool, 1/2 lathe bits, and what ever else I bought. Oh gee, I have not even opened my Grinder I bought yet, I wonder what will be missing from it???? Well at least my daughters Grizzley T-shirt I bought her for like $7- $8  seems to have all the parts.

Goody goody.

BOY AM I TICKED OFF!

And if I had not WASTED that $100 for the shop press I cannot use I could have bidded another $100 on that daul rotor gennie that I did not win because I ran out of money.

Next weekend I would have the $100 again to buy the press which I cannot use now that I already bought and can't use anyway!! So who needs the Grizzely press anyway this week since the JUNK doesn't have the parts needed to make it usable!!!!!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 09:20:39 PM by (unknown) »

nothing to lose

Re: Ticked off at Grizzley!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 02:53:07 PM »
I am on the phone with a Grizzely super visor right now, can't really do anything about opening the box and shipping the missing part cause other paper work needs filed etc...

Going to send me the spring and spacers that are missing, no time frame when I may get them. Etc.. Etc..

Was going to ship me a new press and waive the shopping costs, but bill me for the press and arrange pick up for this one. Well I won't pay for a second one, and it takes 5 days plus shipping anyway. Siad just send me the missing parts then.

I have seconds thoughts about buying there now if I have to have anything shipped and I geuss If I buy at the store I will have to open everything and do a parts check before I bring it home from now on!!!

Maybe I can rig something up to kill myself here while I wait for a week or two for the correct part :)

When I get the spring I will post again in here as well as anything before then, so if your interested in what to expect if you buy something from Grizzely watch this post for how long it really takes them to get this fixed for me. Lets hope it is fast and they restore my original good opinion of them, so far sounds like not.

I told them I posted this and they never even requested the link for the post so they could read it themselfs. I said I made a post on a major internet forum, geuss they don't even care what people have to say about them then???

I was actually happy with Grizzely up untill this. I geuss if I have my part in 3 days I will be happy enough, 2 weeks I will not be!!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 02:53:07 PM by nothing to lose »