Author Topic: Posting deleted  (Read 254 times)

vawtman

Posting deleted
« on: June 14, 2007, 05:36:55 PM »
If you would could you explain and let me reply and delete this.Should it have been in diaries?

Did not see the point of pointing out [yet another] VAWT based ripoff scheme. Diaries are pretty wide open to those type postings. Plus it required clicking through to other obnoxious pages on the site.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:36:55 PM by (unknown) »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
Re: Posting deleted
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »
Hi Vawtman -

your story was moderated out for the reasons stated there above.  I read it and put it back - because I've talked with some of the folks at pacwind and  - they are not a ripoff scheme in my opinion, they are doing some fairly clever stuff I think, although I do have doubts about some of their designs and marketing ideas.  I'll comment about your previous story also.  Like I said - I put the story back.  Next time you should probably just stick that sort of thing in 'diaries' and it would be no problem.

But - just so you know (and anyone else reading)...  if you read the 'guidelines' for posting a story - a story with a title like 'why did my story disappear' is generally not allowed and will almost always force me - or one of the editors, to spend our time deleting it.  The board is for stories on practical renewable energy projects.  If you have a question about policies - why your story vanished... etc... - then - either read the guidelines for posting a new story (because it's all pretty clear there) - or - shoot us an email - or both.  I'm very responsive to such email.  Hope you understand...  and don't worry about it too much - I (and I expect most everyone else) really enjoy most of your contribution here!

Here is a snippet from the page about what gets deleted here and why:

Top Reasons Why Posts Get Deleted:

* Photos larger than 640x480 or 100K--These are a pain for everyone that uses the board! Please size them down before posting.

* Off-topic--We focus on practical, workable ideas for producing electricity to power a remote home, and other 'gear' needed to live off the grid.

* Postings with not enough information--These waste expensive bandwidth and everyone's time. Be sure your posting includes an actual question or comment, with enough information or links so that people understand what you are asking.

* Common topics--Some topics have been beat to death here. It's OK to re-start some of these threads from time to time, but if they are in the first few pages of a section, please reply to the original topic instead. Replying to a posting does not move it to the top, like on some other boards--instead, users 'hotlist' the topic or use the 'recent activity' page to keep track of late replies. Most topics receive comments for weeks after the initial posting, even if they don't keep getting moved to the top. Search the board before posting, please!

* Commercial postings--The 'classifieds' section is primarily for use by individuals with gear to sell. Classifieds for businesses are OK only if they are for individual pieces or lots of (usually surplus) equipment, and may be posted ONE TIME ONLY. If you'd like to promote your business on our site, scroll down to the Google Ads and click "advertise on this site."

* Complaints about our editor's decisions--please email them directly to us, don't post them on the board. Our contact info is HERE.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:25:29 PM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

vawtman

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 02:39:32 PM »
I guess just like gas until the price of electricity gets so high at whatever rate it may take nobody will buy.

You never see any testimonials with phone numbers to call with any of these.Wonder how they get the money to build in the first place?Maybe they werent even builtHmmm

I wont bring it up in diaries or anything.

I will just stick to my own little part of the world.Lol

Mark

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:39:32 PM by vawtman »

vawtman

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 02:45:32 PM »
Sorry Dan i didnt think at the time it was that bad and followed the rules.Must have posted at the same time.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:45:32 PM by vawtman »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 03:07:37 PM »
No problem Mark...

bottom line is...

if you want to post a story with very little information other than perhaps just a link to another site - post it in diaries.  If you have a question about 'admin or editor' decisions - send us an email ;-)

I left all this stuff up here so that others might ponder it - otherwise I'd have just left things along and sent you email.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:07:37 PM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

vawtman

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »
Dan the only reason i initially put it in wind was because i didnt want it to drag on has just another impossible device.

All i know(from experience) is until somebody stands inside one they will never know.

Mark

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:22:29 PM by vawtman »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 03:29:22 PM »
Last time I explain anything. Should be enough to know I act within guidelines published here.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:29:22 PM by TomW »