Author Topic: new board  (Read 220 times)

OHooligans

new board
« on: March 30, 2003, 06:21:42 PM »
Chit Mon, I just sit and look at the new TV remote control too.  Sometimes simplicity is,..

simple.

Bet you put alot of work into this too, me sorry. Just Add a "Recent Postings" button (all topics) and make that section look like the old page, he he, and I will get through it.  

"My Diary"? ...naw, Crippy might tease me.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2003, 06:21:42 PM by (unknown) »

ADMIN

Front page
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 08:11:09 PM »
That's kinda actually what the front page is (similar to the old board)....all messages from all areas get posted there, and scroll down the page in the order they were posted...except they are paginated so it doesn't have to load 1000 of them every time you hit it.....
Cheers
DANF
« Last Edit: March 30, 2003, 08:11:09 PM by ADMIN »

Wolfles

Color as suggested
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 02:14:56 PM »
Dads and Crew,

The old board color scheme was great. Drew your eye to the "New" postings.

This mono-black and blue is kind'a hard-strain on the eyes as you have to really focus and read all of the text and message threads (or I do). A color scheme would let the reader know what he/she has read or not read or doesn't care to read.(I am not a programmer, so I am reluctant to ask for to much, as it may take a great deal to add stuff to your web site program.)

I'm really trying to use the new board, because you and your crew have done a lot of head scratch'n and mid-night oil burning to get something to work for you and please all of us old farts with bad eyes and bad attitudes to learning something new.

Thanks for adding the new topic other than electric ginnies. Most ofter if you have a ginnie flying, you are in to other AE, RE, and Alternate Life styles.

Thanks for the Board.......Les

« Last Edit: April 01, 2003, 02:14:56 PM by Wolfles »

OHooligans

you're right
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 01:36:30 AM »
You're right, I later realized the opening page is a list of all catagory recent postings.  I guess when I posted that it was the first or second time I had come in and it took me so long to figure it out that I forgot what the first page was.

Well, not "so long" (as in cheap shot) but 'a while' as in (something new to me) you know what I mean.  I'm starting to get the hang of this board now.  That other fellow had a point about the color scheme and text size though.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 01:36:30 AM by OHooligans »