Author Topic: Having trouble  (Read 213 times)

Bruce Downunder

Having trouble
« on: April 10, 2003, 01:47:05 AM »
Tell me --do I go into IRC by MIRC  or Java

I have been trying both ,AND GETTING WHAT I THINK IS ACCESS, but no responses for now three days --Same time ,many times before at least a couple of people were "on-Line"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 01:47:05 AM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Tom Says:
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 06:36:53 AM »
I think the big problem, Bruce, is that most of us are in the US and when I looked in this morning I could see you had joined @3:14 AM left @ 3:15 AM  then joined again @ 3:17 AM and left again @ 3:27 AM. Even in mid day when awake people are around it can take a few minutes for someone to respond.

Have some patience, Bruce and realize that as well as the seasons being reversed down under that most Americans are asleep @ 3 AM our time. Not sure of the offset in timezones but its enough that often times we are asleep while you are online getting frustrated.

That coupled with the fact that its spring here and people have lives means there are fewer of us online at any given time.

I get ignored a lot myself on IRC too so its not you its your timing.

Im on now and have been for over an hour and noone else is saying anything. so I do other stuff and check back as time permits.

Try about 4 or 5 hours later or earlier and you might catch some people here. Its a slow, laid back place and sometimes hours go by without anyone chatting.

Never give up, never surrender

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 06:36:53 AM by TomW »

Bruce Downunder

IRC
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 02:40:25 PM »
yes, Thanks Tom . I guess I didn't realise the time diff. as sometimes I get a few of you talking --I nearly allways go on here in Sydney around 5 pm weekdays.

But at least . you looked me up and saw that i had made the correct connection --- that's the important question in my rant. I just thought it might be my end ,  

Thanks mate, I'll  try at different times

Also , any instruction as to how to get a sound working when someone  answers or comes on-line.

Bruce.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 02:40:25 PM by Bruce Downunder »

elvin1949

Re: IRC
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 07:38:40 PM »
hay Bruce    elvin1949 here

i used to talk to a friend aus

she got off work at 4 pm

2 am here [cst]

later elvin
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 07:38:40 PM by elvin1949 »