Author Topic: I want to start an argument  (Read 280 times)

Old F

I want to start an argument
« on: May 10, 2003, 12:14:57 PM »
Reason I am bored and want to stir things up

I will be straight up honest with you the topic is unimportant

And I will tell you how I will start it. It will start with a seemingly innocent question that sounds  slightly uninformed.

Then a person comes a long and tries to be helpful because some one helped them at one time.

They will take time to try to answer the question or point them to something that mite help.

This is when I pounce .   I will go in to along winded tirade it mite not be related to the topic at all.

And some were in it I will push all of your buttons to get under your skin. Don't point out facts or figures I am not about to waste (MY) valuable time on facts or figures all I want is an argument.

But its ok to waste yours. I will take the high ground and word dance around to keep it going as long

as I can.

NOW FOR THE REST OF THE STORY

First things first I am not repeat not pointing fingers at any one .  The above happens on about all the chat rooms on the web.

There are two thing that can be done. One hope the site has a place for such things like what has been added here .Many thanks guys

Then they have a place to call home and every one knows where to go for and argument good bad or other wise.

Two the best way to win a pointless argument is not to get suck into one in the first place.

I know easier said than done. But as soon as you see it coming turn off your computer back off and count to ten

If your still ticked off go out to your shop and do what I do pick up a (BFH) big freaking hammer and find something that needs some fine alinement and beat the (blank) out of it works for me : )

This has two benefits One it lets you work off some steam and two the time that would have been  wasted on a pointless argument was put to better use : )  

Sorry about being so long winded but this needs to be pointed out from time to time.

Old F

« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 12:14:57 PM by (unknown) »
Having so much fun it should be illegal

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Thanks.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 12:54:47 PM »
Old F;

Ok heres your chance.

I have it on good  authority that the world is actually a disk that is 714 miles thick and about 18,000 miles in diameter. I shall not give any proof or support for this it is simply a fact and therefore needs no supporting data, etc. It is also the center of the universe with all objects rotating obout it.

The scientists and government have duped us since gallileo by misrepresenting the actual facts. It cost billions to fake all the spaceflight footage and fake satellites you get your TV from, too. Oh I wish to add that petroleum is from dead plants.

And don't bother arguing with me because anything you site as proof will be just another lie from those in control of scientific data.

Oops I almost forgot. You're ugly and your momma dresses you funny.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 12:54:47 PM by TomW »

wiredup

argument
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 03:33:38 PM »
hey tom still laughing my ass off.or for the argument SLMAO. this board is full of knowledge.hey Old F tom sure give you whatfor....ha. ha, ha.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 03:33:38 PM by wiredup »

Old F

ARGUMENT
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 04:44:22 PM »
WIREDUP

No he didnt : )

Old F

« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 04:44:22 PM by Old F »

wiredup

TO FUNNY
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 05:02:15 PM »
all you guys are to funny when you get on the soap box...having fun is the key to life. and i have plenty fun reading about our strugles to  invent new and better ways. TO MAKE ANOTHER PROBLEM....slmao
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 05:02:15 PM by wiredup »

wiredup

o yea
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 05:09:54 PM »
 did too
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 05:09:54 PM by wiredup »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
DID TOO!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 05:17:39 PM »
And you know why?

Because I said so.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 05:17:39 PM by TomW »

Old F

Monty Pythons Flying Circus
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 08:07:49 PM »
Ok times up that will be five bucks each.

I have to pay copy rights to Monty Pythons flying circus

for the use of this gag.   ;  )

Old F

« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 08:07:49 PM by Old F »

Wolfles

Arguement..........
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2003, 12:07:38 AM »
I think you all forgot to take you med's. Please do so first chance you get....you are just wasting cpu and server space. A steam engine has more hot gases, but you all come in a close second....

MyWattsWorth,

Les

PS.........NOW WHAT??????
« Last Edit: May 11, 2003, 12:07:38 AM by Wolfles »

Demetri

Whooohaaaaaa
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2003, 12:58:25 AM »
NO, don't take your meds! Then you might be (gasp!) normal! Still laughing......

Demetri
« Last Edit: May 11, 2003, 12:58:25 AM by Demetri »

Old F

Now What
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2003, 07:35:46 AM »
Les

If you  look at the top part of this post you will see what my intension are And in now for the rest of the story I gave info on what can be done.   I like to use  humor to get a point across when ever possible. Tho writing it on a two by four and plant it square between eyes has it charms : )

And It got you to use this new board and thats a good thing right?  Humm maybe  maybe  not  : )

Demetri

There is not enough meds in the world for that : )

Old F

« Last Edit: May 11, 2003, 07:35:46 AM by Old F »

Bach On

Normal? You gotta be kidding....
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2003, 08:39:59 PM »
Personally, I doubt that anybody on this board could ever be accused of being normal.

Therefore, the good news is that you don't have to take issue with any insults from anybody posting here.

Like Troy says, "Have fun!"

B.O.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2003, 08:39:59 PM by Bach On »

Electric Ed

You said it better than I could, Old F.
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2003, 06:46:08 AM »
There seems to be a few of these "know nothings" on every board.

They must have been starved for affection by their mothers, when they were babies, in order to be so desperate for attention.

At first, I thought I had found a board that they wouldn't be interested in, but it looks like I was wrong.

Your advice on how to deal with them is right on. Just don't respond to their posts, and they will soon go away. The one thing that they can't handle is being ignored.

Ed

« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 06:46:08 AM by Electric Ed »

(unknown)

arguement
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 09:11:34 PM »
hey Old F,
Nice shed  for experimenting.( area 52). I'll bet the neighbors wonder what all the BFH banging is in there huh?  GoforIT!  And don't worry about the rants and arguements, its good for the brain expansion.  Just think, while  afew  dozen guys here plan the new energy systems if this rediculous world blows up, 500,000,000 watched 3 hours of sports everyday.  Imagine the energy blown on that activity. SO  please, fear not your long winded rants offending anyone in any fashion. They and all other disagreements are the juice by which we arrive at solutions.
Jungle Bill
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 09:11:34 PM by (unknown) »