Author Topic: Testing post  (Read 260 times)

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
Testing post
« on: September 19, 2003, 07:56:02 AM »
allow me to post it, so I quit typng before I get to the end of that long one line box under Intro Copy and move down to the big box that says Extended Copy: .  If I type too much in the Intro Copy box and it starts scrolling, I just backspace until the first word that I type reappears at the start of the box...then after I finish typing I highlight everything and go up to the top and copy it before I try posting and I try to spell things right ...but is it really that important? I can imagine there are a few people than can spell perfectly..yet couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel. I like to think that the main thing here is to Just have Fun! Norm.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 07:56:02 AM by (unknown) »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Re: Testing post
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 11:44:34 AM »

couldnt pour water out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel

I really like that one, LOL.

I have found good spelling in a post is usually relative to how your computer is treating you at the time. If you feel rushed or worried that your computer is about to crash then spelling errors are more frequent. sometimes its just hard to relax. I think the substance of this board outweighs the spelling errors. Besides most can figure out what your tring to say. And I tend to kick myself in the butt more than critisim from others for bad spelling.

-JW

« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 11:44:34 AM by JW »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
Re: Testing post
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 12:38:18 PM »
 I use the Intro Copy to type a very brief explanation of my question or Idea. It appears on the front page along with the subject so readers have an Idea what the posting is about.

However half the folks on here just leave that section blank and type all the info into the Larger extended copy area.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 12:38:18 PM by wooferhound »