Author Topic: My apologies to Jacquism  (Read 214 times)

juiced

My apologies to Jacquism
« on: November 28, 2004, 06:58:11 AM »
To Mr. Jacques;

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies in regards to the thread in which i accused you without basis. I have havent seen any real reason to suspect that you or any associates are responsible for the 'hack attack' (defacement STATUS-X) on my site. In fact, once i have a definitive result; i will gladly post it. I hope that this hasnt caused you any problems and wish you well.

Sorry about this misunderstanding.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 06:58:11 AM by (unknown) »

RatOmeter

Re: My apologies to Jacquism
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 07:30:14 AM »
I know the defacement of your website during a dispute must have looked like too much to be a simple coincidence, but I am convinced it was.  This 'status-x' character that did the deed appears to be a script-kiddy who is making a hobby of defacing websites and has been very, very busy at it lately (your's was one of dozens of its work that day). You can find examples of its and others' defacements with a google search, but I refuse to give it any more noteriety than I have already.

The lesson illustrated here: when you're about to type something in a public forum, think about whether or not it's something you would say to another in person or published in a newspaper with your name attached.  In responding to what you may feel as an attack, take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard first.  Take a walk before responding, before saying something that google or archive.org will retell until eternity.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 07:30:14 AM by RatOmeter »

drdongle

Re: My apologies to Jacquism
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 07:37:16 AM »
Said like a MAN, I hope that this ends the feud.

Carpe Vigor

Dr.D

« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 07:37:16 AM by drdongle »