Author Topic: Bobn passed away today  (Read 332 times)

kurt

• website
Bobn passed away today
« on: March 17, 2006, 04:27:26 AM »
Bobn user id #10 on the board and long time user of the otherpower irc channal passed away suddenly in his home today. he will be greatly missed.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 04:27:26 AM by (unknown) »

adelaide

Re: Bobn passed away today
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 09:34:50 PM »
he will be missed ,he was alwase willing to help any body with airafoils and advice and most of all a good man .

R I P bob n

aaron
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 09:34:50 PM by adelaide »

scott h

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 09:42:01 PM »
Our loss, is huge. We will never forget the laughs and lessons you provided. The many hours spent teaching others just a small part of your great knowledge,we are the lucky ones for having known you. To all who read this, I hope you had a chance to get to know this great man. You will be and are missed. Our prayers are with his family, and know we are here if there is ANYTHING you need. The Yahoo Group
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 09:42:01 PM by scott h »

whirlybird

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 09:55:18 PM »

Well today I got the kind of news that we all dread,

My friend and confidant Bob Noggle passed away,I will always remember and value his good advice and of course his good company.

We had a voice chanel open between us for nearly 5 years and during that time became the best of friends.

I will miss him greatly.

RIP Bob.

Whirlybird.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 09:55:18 PM by whirlybird »

pyrocasto

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 12:53:35 AM »
Anyone who's spent time in the IRC chat, or even on the boards will miss him greatly. Awesome guy.

Now he's in a place where projects dont fail. :-|

On one of my other forums we had a member pass last month to heart attack. Very sad.

Rip Bobn.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 12:53:35 AM by pyrocasto »

ruddycrazy

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 01:29:01 AM »
Rest In Peace Bob, for me to find out by reading fieldlines of our loss has come as a real shock especially as Bob's nic is still active in yahoo. Sorry words escape me right now. R.I.P. mate.

Bryan  

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 01:29:01 AM by ruddycrazy »

picmacmillan

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 05:21:26 AM »
oh my god! i am shocked...bob recently sold me some solar cells to help some students from our local high school on their alternative energy project..i am shocked right now....if possible i would like to send my heartfelt condolences to his family....he will be missed on here..its people like bob who make this board as good as it is...he always polite and fun to talk with...tonight when i hit my knees i will pray for bob and his family..pickster
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 05:21:26 AM by picmacmillan »

picmacmillan

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 05:44:51 AM »
i was just thinking i got the cells from another memeber here, but bob helped us along, always excited about our work...it was nice to read his comments and such..he will be missed for sure...pickster
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 05:44:51 AM by picmacmillan »

zubbly

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 05:47:45 AM »
usually first thing i do in the morning is read the posts here. wish i hadn't today.

i learned a great deal from this man. he always had the patience to share and explain what he knew to me.  lol, he always called me "mr." zubbly. i will greatly miss that.

he loved and cherished his grand children and always spoke to me about them.

my condolences to his family and all his friends left behind.

i will miss you greatly bobn!

your friend, zub

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 05:47:45 AM by zubbly »

whiskey

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 07:28:05 AM »
It is St Patrick's day here in Ireland and a day of celebration. I will raise my glass to celebrate our patron saint, and to celebrate another saint among men. Mr Noggle, I wish you good journey and I will forever hold our friendship as precious as life itself.

You certainly got the 'drop' on me, sorry Bob, but even in passing I have to type your favourite saying "Never give a sucker an even break".

The final set of Bob/Whiskey blades will fly in the skies above Ireland this summer.

Whiskey

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 07:28:05 AM by whiskey »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 08:17:16 AM »
I'm sad to hear that..

Bobn has been here since about the beginning and always brought fourth thoughtful and or/fun conversation.  It's amazing to me how we can all live so distant from one another these days and form seemingly fairly close freindships with folks that we communicate with daily both here on fieldlines, and on the IRC.

I never met Bob in person.

I believe that's Bob there!

Theres a lot of funny and interesting and useful images here in Bob's IRC gallery:

http://www.anotherpower.com/gallery/energy-stuff-and-more?page=1

I guess good things never last forever. I'm grateful for the time he had to share with us.  I wish the best for his grand children and his family.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:17:16 AM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

Seth

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 07:22:27 AM »
I havent talked to Bobn for a while on the IRC, Iv been bussy with life around here ....

Brings a tear to my eye to know that he's gone ...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 07:22:27 AM by Seth »

willib

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 08:26:48 AM »
i found this photo in Bob's IRC gallery.

i've seen it before , it's a cool way to make a set of blades, with a large pitch and use the least amount of wood.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 08:26:48 AM by willib »
Carpe Ventum (Seize the Wind)

windcruiser

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »
I never met Bob personally too. We will miss his contributions on the board. Its amazing how technology has brought all of us together.

Simon from Nairobi. Kenya

« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 11:43:40 PM by windcruiser »

bobn

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 11:30:30 AM »
My name is Bobie, I am Bob's eldest daughter...Thank you all for your love of my dad. He thought so much of all of you...I am going to try and visit the site every now and then with his user because he believed in all of you and what you are doing, and because I have a hard time thinking of taking him off of this site... Sam and I are brewing some Bio-Diesel, So I am told I should keep y'all apprised of the situation... It helps me to know that his knowledge lives on through all of you...Thank you so much, Bobie
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 11:30:30 AM by bobn »

adelaide

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 02:54:34 AM »
yes his info has helped me alot thank you from aaron , good to hear you are  expermenting as well, must run in the family
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 02:54:34 AM by adelaide »