Author Topic: can't get pictures to show up on postings admin help please?  (Read 296 times)

picmacmillan

can't get pictures to show up on postings admin help please?
« on: November 18, 2004, 01:49:09 PM »
can anyone help me to get my photo's to show up....all i get is the little red box and a blank where the picture should be....is there any postings that can help me to fix my problem or any suggestions?...i have just about completed my first genny and would like to post my results for everyone to see....i have the photo's uploaded in my files but when i click them they show up as text in the box and won't show as pictures...any help would be appreciated...thanks pickster
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 01:49:09 PM by (unknown) »

Barnac

Are your pics .jpg format
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 02:18:19 PM »
In your uploaded file you have a bunch of them with the extension elm. They must be in .jpg format to show up.

The file that you have with the jpg extension should not be a problem to show up.

barnac

Example this one from your uploaded file:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 02:18:19 PM by Barnac »

picmacmillan

Re: Are your pics .jpg format
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 02:31:43 PM »
thanks barnac....i tried it with jpg and it seems like it will work but how did i get them to be jpg and the others are eml?....also they are too big?....can't wait to post my stuff as i feel it came out pretty good......at least i am getting power....the coil in the photo is 200 turns of #18 magnet wire....the resistance is too high at 1 ohm per coil, but i still am producing over 12 volts at approximetly 180 revolutions per minute.....need to change my stator and move my magnets a bit and i am sure it will produce more efficiently....but first i have to get my phot's to show up.....any help would be appreciated

« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 02:31:43 PM by picmacmillan »

Barnac

Re: Are your pics .jpg format
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 03:27:10 PM »
.Elm files are outlook express files or other mail files. Look at the notes on the following link.

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=EML

Probably the pics file were forwarded to you using Outlook express or some other email program. You have to find a way to detach the pic file from this eml file. How ? I never did it maybe someone here with more computer knowledge could help...

« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 03:27:10 PM by Barnac »