Product Reviews > Reviews

help finding cad software

<< < (2/5) > >>

rotornuts:
Thanks for the help. I currently have cadstd lite and so far have found it to be the best of the freeware/demo programs I've tried. I guess I've been spoiled by photoshop7. Its deadly easy image editing and I've been hoping to find a cad program with the same goof proof style. Many cad programs I've tried so far (at my level of experience) only seem good for rendering a pre-engineered design and if all that I'm doing is drawing I can do that in photoshop. I just tried A9CAD and find it a bit much for me. If I have to spend 3 months trying to master a program I'll stick to pencil and paper.

juiced:
I used to use something called Bcad from russia.
    It wont allow you to save past a useful amount of points and its fairly rough but im sure you could find a cracked version. The software is from ... 99? 3D
 Good luck, let m know if you come across something else.

juiced:
Sorry, bcad is still not free!
  But this is: http://www.cadvance.com/65form.htm
   Looks good, D/ling right now...

JW:
You guys see the dates here.

My most recent version of SW is 2016. Got a good deal happy about that. I use SW 2000 because its easy to use and have tonns experience with it. So I will draw something in 2000 then transfer the drawing into SW 2016. There is so much there I've transferred files into 16 and it meets all engineering criteria.

JW

taylorp035:
I see you were passionate to bring back a 18 year old thread JW.

I initially used Google Sketchup a long time ago and that was a free 3D software.  I don't know if you can still get it.  I imagine it's better now since I've heard of people using it.

You used to be able to get a copy of Autodesk Inventor for a $1700, but they may have moved to a subscription model for their latest attempt at getting customers.  Thankfully my copy still works.  If you happen to know someone who is a student, they can get free Autodesk software through their educational email address, though they have been getting more strict on the requirements recently.  I think they also had some cheaper software for people who don't need a hardcore 3D software.

I thought I saw where you could get Solidworks for a few hundred bucks.

I've been using PTC Creo at work now for 7 years and have been finding it to be good at many things.  I've not tried shopping for it.   I feel like if you were willing to spend a bit a money, one could find a 3D CAD software that would meet the needs of anyone trying to model parts for their renewable energy hobby.... it's really only when you get to ultra complex things and when you want integrated dynamics/FEA/etc... capability do you need that multi-thousand dollar license.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version