Author Topic: Is The World Ready For The Cost Of Smart Metering????  (Read 544 times)

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Is The World Ready For The Cost Of Smart Meter
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2005, 10:55:26 AM »
It is sure worth looking into!

A person in the area got the state (OH) to insulate the whole house, and pay the gas and electric bills because she is 'low income'.

About the same time she bought a brand new loaded Firebird Convertable. Vanity plates even.

We have noticed her window air conditioners running, smoke from the chimney, and snow from the sky... all at the same damn time. POs me I'm paying for all that, and she can afford fancy new cars.

Know another guy with a good job. He got siding and a new roof. They couldn't find enough people to give the money to, so they went door to door trying to spend it. That one was 20 years ago.

G-

« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 10:55:26 AM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

finnsawyer

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 09:11:15 AM »
Well, the new car should pollute less.  It's been my observation that many of the so called poor have a "poor" mind set.  Even if you try to help them they revert to their old ways.  So the governments tax those working and trying to get ahead making them poorer and then essentially pouring the money down a sink hole.  If you give these kinds of poor people a new house, in a few years it's a wreck.  It makes me wonder if Habitat for Humanity ever goes back after five years to check on the conditions of the houses they build.  It would be interesting to know the results.  I realize they are a charity rather than a government agency, but in one case I was aware of them building a house that I felt showed questionable judgment.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 09:11:15 AM by finnsawyer »

nothing to lose

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 05:52:06 PM »
Hey ghurd,

If the state wants to give anymore away let me know. I thought about moving up that way part time for a few years, they can buy me a house or whatever.

I gave Ohio enough tax money when I grew up there, don't mind if they give me some back now :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 05:52:06 PM by nothing to lose »

BrianK

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 10:12:59 PM »
yep here in northwest ohio they just changed my meter to digital they said that the meter sends a signal so the meter readerdoesnt even have to get out of the truck

« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 10:12:59 PM by BrianK »