Author Topic: AutoCAD  (Read 289 times)

DBGenerator

AutoCAD
« on: February 22, 2005, 08:32:37 PM »
Is it possible to include AutoCAD drawings in the posts??

There was a comment in one of the other posts about CAD programs.  I bought AutoCAD Light 2002 a couple years ago when I though I was going to go into business for myself doing drafting.  It cost about $700.

If anyone needs drafting work done I would be able to help you out.  If you just want to document your projects I wouldn't charge much more than a case of beer.  If you plan on using it to market a product, then maybe more.

There is a program called KeyCAD.  It is kind of "klunky" and doesn't have all the options, but I think it's still less than $50.

Dave

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 08:32:37 PM by (unknown) »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
Re: AutoCAD
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 06:23:19 PM »
What is the file size of an AutoCad drawing ?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 06:23:19 PM by wooferhound »

monte350c

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 07:00:26 PM »
If your CAD program can save the dwg or dxf files as a standard Windows picture format such as jpg then it is easy to add them to a post.

Ted.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 07:00:26 PM by monte350c »

DBGenerator

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:44:05 PM »
The CAD drawing that I was working on, only came out to 67Kb so far.

I tried to export it as a bitmap and it didn't look like much.  I can export it as a dxf and other types of files, but could they be viewed here either?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 07:44:05 PM by DBGenerator »

picmacmillan

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 08:06:37 PM »
i tried putting some of my cad drawings on here and i couldn't get it to take them...could be i was doing something wrong....i had made a bunch of different bolt circles and was going to offer them for people to copy, but as i say i couldn't get them on here...i had circles divided into 12 parts, 9 parts, 5 parts and 16 parts... i thought it would help some to line up their coils and magnets...and each time you could just use a sheet of paper with the proper bolt circle for your studs etc and then just toss it out after you were done, that's what i do....it has been a while since i had to transfer autocad, so i would like it if someone could give me a tip so i can remember the process..maybe if you had a scanner you could just scan it, then send it that way from your printer....pickster
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 08:06:37 PM by picmacmillan »

monte350c

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 08:23:19 PM »
Of course you could just upload the file to this server, and put a link to it in your post. Anyone who has a CAD program could probably open it.

I realize that's not the best solution!

Ted.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 08:23:19 PM by monte350c »

kurt

• website
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 08:31:51 PM »
some cad programs have a clipboard tool you can copy the image into then paste the image into paint or another drawing program and then save as it a .gif or .jpeg from there. i know cadstd lite does as it is what i use.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 08:31:51 PM by kurt »

Kwazai

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 06:36:15 AM »
I end up using ctrl-prtscrn or alt-prtscrn to put them in a word doc and saving as html- it creates a jpg of the image(s) which is easy to post. fyi.

Mike
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 06:36:15 AM by Kwazai »

baggo

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 06:11:15 PM »
Hi DBGenerator,

I had the same problem some time ago and ARC suggested a method to convert Autocad drawings to Jpegs:

Go into file/plotter manager,

Click on 'Add a plotter wizard'

On the Add Plotter-begin screen select 'My Computer'

Under 'Manufacturer' select 'Raster File Formats'

Under 'Models' select 'Independant Jpeg Groups'

Click 'next' to bypass the next few screens until you get to 'finish'

Then next time you want to print a drawing, go into plot device and select 'Independent jpeg group' and say where you want to save the file. Your drawing will then be saved in the folder of your choice as a Jpeg.

That's probably as clear as mud but hope it helps,

John

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 06:11:15 PM by baggo »