Author Topic: Alone in SE Ontario  (Read 376 times)

Monzadude

Alone in SE Ontario
« on: February 06, 2005, 09:19:08 PM »
I wasn't sure where to post this so I put it here. I'm in south easter Ontario and was wondering if anybody on here lives in this area. I don't know a single person that really cares about this stuff. My wife tries but it's not her thing. The only thing I've gotten from my friends is "You figure out how it works and then come hook it up at my house." This isn't the kind of input I'm looking for. I'm a hands on kind of person. I have solar and am just trying to get into wind. I'd love to meet with someone and see what they've built and talk about what they've done. I've learned alot on here but I'd like some face to face discusion. If I could get atleast a little hands on or at least an up close look it would help me greatly. I'm 1/2 hour south of Ottawa. I don't mind driving either. I'm not trying to bother anyone I'm just trying to find a place to start.Any one out there?  Thanks

Bill

« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 09:19:08 PM by (unknown) »

juiced

Re: Alone in SE Ontario
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 02:21:50 PM »
Lots of us around. Im just over in Montreal and i belive there are a good 8 regular members in ontario.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 02:21:50 PM by juiced »

12volt dan

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 02:26:35 PM »
I'm up in Muskoka ifn you ever in the area :^)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 02:26:35 PM by 12volt dan »

Monzadude

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 02:37:38 PM »
Where abouts in the Montreal area? I lived there as a kid. I'm down that way once in a while to visit family. Mostly in the Dorval area. I drove down in November just to get my wifes favorite meal for her birthday. 6 hr round trip just for take out.

Bill

« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 02:37:38 PM by Monzadude »

juiced

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 03:48:58 PM »
Lol, my friends have sent 'Cosmos' to about 5 differant countries...

Im in the NDG area. Not many windmills around here. But also seemingly less hot air as well. ;)

« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 03:48:58 PM by juiced »

Frank Lussier

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 04:14:27 PM »
Hi Bill

I live in Vankleek Hill, ON close to Quebec border. I was hoping to be off grid last year but money problems :-(, working on a motor conversion I just need to reduce the rotor. I am glad to see someone in Eastern Ontario.

Frank

« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 04:14:27 PM by Frank Lussier »

Monzadude

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 07:11:16 PM »
Hi Frank. I've been to Vankleek Hill a couple of times. That's not that far from where I am. I'm in Smiths Falls. Do you have a wind genny now or is this your first try? I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one in this area on here. I just found a house today near Carlton Place that's off the grid so I know there's a few of us around with the same idea.

Juiced:

You said your in the NDG area. I don't know where that is. What's NDG stand for, maybe that will help. I've only really been in the city and on the west side of Montreal.( Dorion, Dorval....)

Bill

« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 07:11:16 PM by Monzadude »

Frank Lussier

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 07:46:35 PM »
Hi Bill,

It's my first time building a windmill but i've been reading about it and researching it for the past 20yrs - since highschool...they thought i was nerd in highschool but i guess i got the last laugh.  In l'Orignal they are testing soon to erect a windfarm...they've realized the potential in Eastern Ontario - farm lands...

by the way NDG stands for Notre Dame de Grace (Montreal West) i'm a Montrealer - been here since 1980.  

Frank
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 07:46:35 PM by Frank Lussier »

picmacmillan

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 07:47:51 PM »
monzadude,...pat wolfe log building school is just outside of carleton place...up the road from middleville...he is totally of grid..all store bought system....go check out his system..ask anybody where he is....real nice..pickster
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 07:47:51 PM by picmacmillan »