Author Topic: What do you think of a new sparkplug  (Read 269 times)

Seth

What do you think of a new sparkplug
« on: March 14, 2005, 05:14:44 AM »
http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/bp/16/firestorm.html

Any one care to give their thoughts on this invention of an old Idea??

« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 05:14:44 AM by (unknown) »

Psycogeek

Re: What do you think of a new sparkplug
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 12:17:47 AM »
i have tried many "inventive" spark plugs, like the open ring one, the spitfire, the split tounge.  and they all sucked.  i dont know why, the logic of each one was totally correct.

but this one, i would not even try.

the spark could land evenly around the whole head of the thing

that could mean 2 sparks, or 20, or just a tesla coil mist all around it.

i really think that having ONE point increases the strenght of the spark in the ONE jump location.

This design makes assumptions that the spark would be singular in its nature, still HOT enough.

the OPENness of it would be good, if only reality worked that way, it should have worked for the open ring one i tried.

when a plug is out in the open air, the spark acts like it could travel 1/2", but under compression (so they tell me) its much harder to get the spark.  so if you have a weak spark , it could effect your car.

they sell (now) and have in some overpriced cars, extra powerfull coils, that spark at 2-3X what the normal coils did.

i am trying to ignite a compressed fuel air mix, and i THINK (cant be sure) that this type of design would cause to mcuh conduction at ALL points around its hub, to make the spark hotter and stronger, and therfore more capable.

not to mention, that i am not the one who is going to try and GAP it :-)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 12:17:47 AM by Psycogeek »

picmacmillan

Re: What do you think of a new sparkplug
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
just a point on the spark plug gap...i just changed my sparkplugs on my 2000 dodge dakota, this is the first time i changed the plugs in over 225000 kilometers, not that i was trying to prove a point, but i couldnt find the son of a guns...i finally took the time to figure it out and when i pulled them out, they were totalled...i cant believe the truck still ran good...totally melted the end of the plug off..the gap had to be at least a quarter inch :) on all 8 cylinders...probably wont do that agin, but it was running fine...i should send a letter to champion and tell them that one :) pickster

« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 05:01:00 PM by picmacmillan »