Author Topic: That topic is verbolten here!  (Read 313 times)

TorchLitHill

That topic is verbolten here!
« on: August 26, 2005, 01:12:17 AM »
Although I believe that this site is really great, I am a little dissapointed that they don't have a section for the fringe element out there, in other words, they want no debate on over unity slash perpetual motion, which I think is wrong, although I don't believe anyone has succeeded in producing anything yet that can be substantiated, to deny a place for thought on it is wrong headed.

If for no other reason than to speculate, it needs a place in the forums, they can list it under the title Lunatic Fringe.

How about a poll on this?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 01:12:17 AM by (unknown) »

finnsawyer

Re: That topic is verbolten here!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 07:48:02 PM »
Why don't you start a discussion in a diary and see what happens?  There was a time when such discussions were found here, but the over unity crowd seemed to be an unreasonable bunch.  They didn't seem to like real facts or analysis to get in the way of their beliefs.  Even Bedini maintained that his device couldn't be analyzed or measured, even though the output involved diodes and a lowly capacitor.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 07:48:02 PM by finnsawyer »

whatsnext

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 08:04:42 PM »
There are plenty of over unity sites elsewhere. The Dans have already stated that this site is for practical and useable RE postings, not 'pie in the sky' hopefullness.

John......
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 08:04:42 PM by whatsnext »

John II

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 08:12:31 PM »
Hello TorchLitHIll:

I'm a OU advocate... heck who wouldn't be if you can actually do it. At one time I had some serious conversations with the owner of this forum just about your very subject. After some serious debates, I now see things his way and here's why.

On FieldLines it's a constant struggle to keep the form on subject for those needing immediate home brew energy with projects that provide immediate results. Adding something that is highly experimental would just dilute it far to much.

Another problem is that if a subject field is listed "OU" on this forum and someone comes in doing searches for help in building a wind generator, he's going to pull a lot of OU topics which would be very frustrating.

The software "SCOOP" that runs this forum is free. What's needed is another forum setup exactly like this one which focuses on O.U. It needs to be run, moderated and managed by O.U. advocates.

Ideally, anyone that lands on this forum but is interested in OU could be referred to the O.U. forum. Anyone that lands on the O.U. forum but urgently needs some home made electric could be referred to this forum.

Finally this forum is not owned by the users, but by the creator of the forum, and it is my understanding that the changing of his forum is not up for vote, but rather a labor of love created by him expressively for the purposes of building wind generators which he is entitled to.

I do think you have a right idea in that there is need for a good forum that caters to the O.U. subject though. It is my hope that you and others will look into banning together and adding something to the internet down the line of O.U. that will grow and be as profoundly useful as this forum has been to folks building wind generators. And if worked out properly each forum will be an boon to the other, and cover most of the bases that way.

John II

« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 08:12:31 PM by John II »

TorchLitHill

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 09:31:02 PM »
Yea I can see their point,  I have put up some forums in the past, perhaps I might get one up on that topic, and I guess I'll have to make some rules also, if I put it up I'll let you know, and if anyone wants to stop in and present their views on it, that would be great, At first I'll only let people on this forum know about it so it might have a good start, with some intelligent posters.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 09:31:02 PM by TorchLitHill »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 11:17:49 PM »
I can remember when OU permeated everthing here.

It was hard to tell what was built and worked,

from what was quantum theory.

Off the top of my head...

An electric motor, run from a battery.

The motor ran 12 car alternators,

one charged the motors power supply battery

to keep the motor going,

the other 11 ran his house.

And something like a de-sulfator...

that would draw minimum power,

jump the voltage,

put it back to the battery as a high voltage,

and therefore high amperage,

charging spike that would charge the battery

more than it used to make the spike.

Even a windmill on the front of a truck,

charging the truck battery,

removing the standard alternator's drag to the motor,

and thus increasing gas milage.

Maybe even with a big enough windmill it could charge

a battery to run a electric motor and just do away with

the gas motor all together.

(It appears to be a very old idea.

there is a photo on otherpowers wind page with a Model A.

Hehehe... I crack myself up sometimes.)

http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_wind_modelAtest.html

Anyway.

Probably 95% of the readers are total newbies here to learn something that works.

Maybe 1% know a lot.

The rest of us fall in the middle, and are trying to learn more

and help others, with our successes or our failures.

I would just hate to send some poor sucker out there to buy 12

alternators, a windmill for his truck and parts for a flux-capacitor,

just because he read something about OU and believed it.

There are plenty of other websites for that!

If MIT, UCLA and Sandia can't build it, I sure can't!

If someone comes up with a repeatable and testable

design for anything that reaches even 90%eff,

the world will hear about it!

Strawberry quark is my favorite ice cream !

G-

« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 11:17:49 PM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

kitno455

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 07:57:32 AM »
this is not a democracy. this is a service provided by the otherpower/wondermag guys. they pay the bandwidth, they provide the hardware. they do the admin tasks. they wish a narrow topic focus on the home-production of electricity, using working and well established principles.

we have OU guys post on here from time to time, looking for help with some of the more 'conventional' portions of their designs. they get the same help and advice everyone else does. it is only when they start talking about the unrepeatable portions of their work that they get censored. most people here (including me) seem ok with that.

i daresay that any board you start about OU is doomed to failure, for the simple fact that serious OU researchers are a secretive bunch angling to patent and get rich, while the OU curious just want free power. thats a pretty volatile mix, which, unlike this board, will not have a sense of shared discovery and independence at its core. peer review is an even more powerful tool than the scientific method, yet OU folks dont use it, perhaps because OU is impossible :)

allan

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 07:57:32 AM by kitno455 »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 08:24:22 AM »
Thankyou for the thoughts...

We did actually have (at one time) a sort of 'lunatic fringe' area where we allowed that sort of discussion.  We called it 'quarantine zone'.  It was basicly a huge ongoing flame war with lots of (in my opinion) impractical and unworkable ideas.  A waste of time in my opinion... although I guess anything thats fun isnt a total waste of time.

At any rate - it used to be allowed here and we decided this simply isnt the place for it.  There are several sites out there presently with lots of discussion on the topic - our stance on it is that it's a bit of a dead end, the focus of this site is hopefully on fairly workable ideas.  

So... no pole on this one ;-)  that's not up for vote.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 08:24:22 AM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 11:41:25 AM »
dan;

Thanks for clearing that up. Poll or no poll I think the users have made their feelings well known on multiple occasions.

Now on with making real machines that make real power....

T

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 11:41:25 AM by TomW »