Author Topic: bob golding please write pickster  (Read 240 times)

picmacmillan

bob golding please write pickster
« on: January 28, 2006, 04:27:10 PM »
hi all....i have been experiencing problems of no internet access for a month...also been getting spam for my paypal info?..not sure what to do, but i would like for bob golding to contact me  at rmacill@sympatico.ca, so i can clear up my payment for some solar cells he was kind enough to send my way?...p.s.  although i didnt receive the cells in time for the students to build a solar panel, they did come in first place with the wind turbine they built for their science fair...we will build the panel soon...i have had to erase my computer and all my addresses...so getting back in shape is a real hassle...thanks all pickster
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 04:27:10 PM by (unknown) »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: bob golding please write pickster
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 09:47:11 AM »
Message passed on.

Flux
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 09:47:11 AM by Flux »

DanG

• 35 miles east of Lake Okeechobee
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 10:36:48 AM »
It's a good idea to not leave your email address out in plain sight - there are 'bots' that scan for & harvest email addresses at T1 line speeds, so a little camoflauge is called for..  rmacill[at]sympa[removebrackets]tico[dot]ca is an example..

-

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 10:36:48 AM by DanG »

JohnC

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 11:55:33 AM »
Just letting all know about using paypal.

Beware!!! I recieved a email from paypal informing me that someone tried to access my paypal account. I was to login to paypal and verify my password or my account would be closed. I clicked on the link and it looked exactlly like paypal website.

What tipped me off was at the bottom of the screen in my address bar displayed "paypal..121.108.081.001" or simular. I didn't bother verifing my password and contacted paypal security right away.  That told me it was a scam and they would never ask to verifiy my password. Paypal told me to contact my bank ASP, which I did and change my bank account information.

Good Luck

John E Cox

Ottawa,Canada

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 11:55:33 AM by JohnC »

picmacmillan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 02:26:36 PM »
oh my god! thats exactly what happened to me..wanted me to verify my password and i did!..i am going to call security right away...thanks for the  tip..pickster

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 02:26:36 PM by picmacmillan »