Author Topic: Is Admin Getting Too Zealous?  (Read 271 times)

finnsawyer

Is Admin Getting Too Zealous?
« on: April 09, 2006, 03:35:09 PM »
It seems to me that techniques for efficiently transforming voltages should be fair game for this site, considering that wind mills put out voltages all the time.  At least that's what I assume it was about.  It certainly wouldn't have consumed much bandwidth to have left it in for a while.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 03:35:09 PM by (unknown) »

finnsawyer

Re: Is Admin Getting Too Zealous?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 09:37:22 AM »
After I put this in, I had to laugh.  It wouldn't even accept the title.  You'll have to figure it out yourself.  Oh, well onward and upward.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 09:37:22 AM by finnsawyer »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:40:54 AM »
Hi Geo - not quite sure what you're referring to.  I've checked the whole story list and nothing got blocked except one posting recently about model rocketry which I expect one of the editors just felt was a bit off topic (it was).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 09:40:54 AM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

finnsawyer

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 09:43:34 AM »
It had to do with transforming from 2 9 volt batteries (18 volts) to 12 volts.  I couldn't bring up the post or the comments.  I put the title in the first line but the system deleted it.  Curious!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 09:43:34 AM by finnsawyer »

WXYZCIENCE

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 10:02:19 AM »
I saw the posting about 2 9v myself. Could quite understand what was being asked. I understand this: it's hard to handle a site with this many people on it and this kind of access. I have had a few problems with posts also, my fault!  Me newbee had to read, how to the submit procedure. Joe
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:02:19 AM by WXYZCIENCE »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:02:52 AM »
Yes.. I just re-read the story.  An editor felt that it was a bit off topic and I tend to agree.  (a fair amount of off-topic stuff and spam gets posted here and thanks to the help of a few volenteers the board stays fairly clean and on topic) In this case it had to do with converting 18V from 2 9V batteries to 12 volts for the purpose of setting off rocket igniters.  Rocket igniters would work fine anyhow at over voltage and the problem could be also be solved with voltage regulators as opera house pointed out.  It doesn't apply voltage conversions as it would have to do with renewable energy and was therefor deemed off-topic.  We cannot and will not always agree with the choices made by editors - we (as editors) sometimes don't even agree with each other but if we respect one anothers choices and go with it it improves this discussion board I think.  
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:02:52 AM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

finnsawyer

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 10:07:35 AM »
Good explanation.  You may now delete this post.  Oh well, wait a while.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:07:35 AM by finnsawyer »