Author Topic: Admin what does this mean  (Read 567 times)

harrie

Admin what does this mean
« on: May 21, 2006, 01:46:39 PM »
Some of us, have a hard time understanding computer language, so what does ahribute & NBSP: for tag img is not allowed!! In layman terms.

thanks, harrie

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 01:46:39 PM by (unknown) »

wdyasq

Search engines
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 08:41:23 AM »
"Some of us, have a hard time understanding computer language, so what does ahribute & NBSP: for tag img is not allowed!! In layman terms."

It means you should go to a search engine and find out if you want to know.

Answering things takes time and somebody has to take that time to offer the answer to you. In government schools, our taxes pay for theses services.  In colleges, they are paid for by the participants. Here, it is given freely. AND, many abuse it.

Rant jsut started ... but won't do much good.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 08:41:23 AM by wdyasq »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"

Phil Timmons

Re: Admin what does this mean
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 09:42:01 AM »
What your problem/error was is a little hard to say -- not seeing that error note exactly, but it seems a lot of folks are having problem with image file sizes (as in "too big"), and a file's size is one of its "attributes."  Maybe that was it, could also may be a "file type" problem.  For example, the extension of a file -- like "yourpicture.jpg," or "yourpicture.gif" are image files that seem to work well on here.

But to the larger part of ranting at people who just do not understand wtf is going on with software and equipment, maybe, just maybe, we could/should update the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for everyone's sake?  But rather than just bytch, I will volunteer to help update the FAQ's if we want.  A little work beats a lot of bitching in my book.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 09:42:01 AM by Phil Timmons »

harrie

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 11:13:30 AM »
Thanks for the attempt Phil. What I posted is all that it said. The post that I entered was not any different than all the other posts I have done, and my pictures were all the legal size. Using the search engine did not come up with any answers to the problem. Yes I agree the FAQ should be updated, and also explained in Layman terms, or is it the intent of some, that a person that is not computer langauge savey not use the board at all. It also was not my intenshion to bitch about anything, I just want to know why I was in error so it wont happen again!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 11:13:30 AM by harrie »

commanda

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 12:11:39 PM by commanda »

Phil Timmons

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 01:16:47 PM »
Well, do not beat yourself up over not figuring stuff out.  I have a MS in this stuff, and on and off do programming for living, and often do not figure out cryptic things at first go-round, either.  

My bytching was not at you, but more the other atitudes of bytching at other folks (like you) when they sincerely ask for help.  One of my favorite proverbs is:

1. There is a man who knows and knows that he knows.  That man is wise, follow him.
  2. There is a man who does not know, and knows that he knows not.  That man lacks knowledge, educate him.
  3. There is a man who does not know, and does not know that he knows not.  That man is a fool.  Shun him.

I figure most guys (and gals) around here are in catagory #1, or #2, above.  Everybody may know something, and hopefully we know that there are things we do not know.  So we may all know something, or are in a position to be educated and help others.  bfd.  Geeezz, most of you all helped pay for my education.  A state school (Univ. of Texas), with ROTC on the side.  In truth, you all paid A LOT for me to go to school.   Least I can do I share that with cheerful heart, no?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 01:16:47 PM by Phil Timmons »

harrie

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 04:02:44 PM »
Thanks again phil. yes I know you were directing your comment to others. I like your proverb, , and your whole repley is well taken.

I did however misspell Attribute. I think I will try again, and see what happens.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 04:02:44 PM by harrie »

kurt

• website
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 05:16:26 PM »
i have been telling people for years don't put spaces in file names when you upload them to this server for display here it gives scoop fits. it is a known bug.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 05:16:26 PM by kurt »