Author Topic: alan electronics gennnies...Scam?  (Read 232 times)

DANO

alan electronics gennnies...Scam?
« on: September 14, 2006, 04:02:36 PM »
I attempted the ebay link with no luck, but had come accross thier site before.  In fact tomorrow 9-15-06 I was planning to go to thier store in Kalamazoo since I need to pick up my daughter from WMU anyway, it's only 45 min away from me....I spoke with them on the phone a few months ago and they claimed to have three models available....100, 200, and 400 watts respectively...all under $450, not quite "toys" but something for the beginer to play with...if anything, I'll see how it stacks up against my homebrew....Comments/advise?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:02:36 PM by (unknown) »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
Re: alan electronics gennnies...Scam?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 06:06:37 PM »
I wouldn't call it a scam because the price seems fair considering the work and materials that must be involved.  I don't think it's a very efficient design though (I would do things much differently).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:06:37 PM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

greenmonkey

Re: alan electronics gennnies...Scam?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 08:17:43 AM »
I suggest you really check the quality of the 3 models available. We're talking about items for less than $450 here. While you're at it, you might want to check some buy and sell websites also. I usually go to www.adpost.com if I want to check out something I need to buy. Maybe you can check it out and find what you're looking for. Hope I was of any help.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:17:43 AM by greenmonkey »