Author Topic: Sorry about my absence.  (Read 322 times)

Jerry

Sorry about my absence.
« on: September 21, 2006, 04:08:52 AM »
To Domwild,Roger AS, Warrior, Norm, Ghurd thanks for the kind words from the Sept. 10 posting.

This is the first time I've scaned back through the post to see what was going on.

Early spring my brother was diagnosed with cancer. The doctors told him they had it under cotrol. Latter that summer they told him they were rong.

He passed away mid Jully. This has been a ruff time for me and the family.

Also had towers go down on the store roof and my main tower (40 FT) at home go down.

So I've just had to back off and see if things would settel down and quit turning to crap.

All this happened about the time of the intense delta, star and Jerry riging debate was going on. This debate left me feeling abit like a third wheel. Plus the pain of loosing my brother, towers going down, having unpopular phasing ideas.

Well pardon the phraze, it all just took the wind outa my sails.

I havn't done much wind power stuff for awhile. I do hope to get back to it though.

I'll try not to stir up any debates though. I'll try to just present what I'm doing and leave it at that.

Thank you guys for keeping in your thoughts. This is a good group of folks here.

As per the ECM, I may have to find my notes or redo some tests? I recently was introduced to the Emerson Motors version of the GE ECM. It looks like a convetional 3 phase stator but with the same magnet rotor as the GE ECM. Emerson calls theres the EPM. ?? It has a very simular brain attached to the back side.

Thanks again guys. See ya soon I hope?

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:08:52 AM by (unknown) »

nanotech

Re: Sorry about my absence.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 10:28:47 PM »
Sorry to hear about your borther, Jerry.  I lost my mother to cancer, so I can sympathise what you're going through.  We also had a little trouble with the doctors trying to make up thier minds as to whether they had gotten it all or not.  Hopefully he didn't suffer too much.  That was the one thing we were grateful with my mother, it went from diagnosis to death in 6 weeks.

Again, my condolences.

And sorry to hear about the towers/turbines.  One way to look at it though;  it's all looking up from here, right (hopefully)?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:28:47 PM by nanotech »

stephent

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 10:45:47 PM »
Went through the same thing with older Brother 2 years ago. You have my sympathy. It ain't easy.

Take it just one day at a time, that's all we are given anyway.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:45:47 PM by stephent »

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 11:02:32 PM »
cancer took my mom two years ago. i shure miss the old girl.

my niece got married on the second of july, next day my dad had a heart attack and ended up getting a tripple bypass.

jerry,i'm shure one day you'll get an idea that wont go away,

next thing you know, you'll be glueing down mags and turning some nice copper coil.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 11:02:32 PM by electrondady1 »

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 12:42:39 AM »
sorry to hear about your loss jerry...

my mom -brother-and two sisters all went in the last 10 years..

i cant say enough about eating raw crushed garlic--kills  cancer in a lot of people.

seems like it just falls on deaf ears.......

well hope to hear about all your latest ideas.................... :}
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 12:42:39 AM by hiker »
WILD in ALASKA

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 01:24:41 AM »
Sorry to hear about your problems Jerry, these things often all come at once and make life difficult.

We all miss you and your ideas, at least you try them out and make us all think about things we normally take for granted.

Some useful ideas came out of your thought provoking methods of connecting.

Keep in touch even if you don't feel up to trying new ideas at present.

Flux

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 01:24:41 AM by Flux »

DanG

• 35 miles east of Lake Okeechobee
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 08:29:20 AM »
Jerry - after watching Brucedownunder's Fisher and Paykel mill from 12,000 miles away I'm all for seeing more like them flying north of the equator.. Hope the inventor's smock still fits ya!

Remember, someone on IRC often can provoke some distraction, and there is always Rants & Opinions section to vent the hassles of everyday living that gradually wear even the toughest old cusses down. Hang in there.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 08:29:20 AM by DanG »

The Crazy Noob

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 08:31:16 AM »
Sorry to hear about the bad things that happen to you, I lost my grandmother to cancer too.

I sorth of remebered you from the "Jerry pulser" which acutaly I am in the process of building now.

[Sidenote: all those cancers: my theory is that it all comes from a)polution (icluding smoking/drinking etc.) and b)processed sugar (yes, sugar: our brain and body aren't made for processed sugar, only for fructose from fruits) and fast-food

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 08:31:16 AM by The Crazy Noob »

jmk

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 09:31:35 AM »
 Jerry, sorry for your lose. It brought a tear to my eye. I to lost my Dad to cancer and took care of him till death. The last two weeks of changing his diepper and watching him not being able to drink or eat calling with his raspy voice for water, but all you could do is give him an ice chip to suck on was very hard for me. It was even sadder. He had to go in for surgery a year before he died. All of the family was there at the hospital. My sister lives in a rural area and she takes turns driving her daughter and her daughters friend to school. She had her daughter stay at her friends house so she could get to school. At the exact time my dad went into surgery my sweet 13 year old niece was killed from a car that ran an intersection while on her way to school. We had to got to the hospital to see my dad. With all the pain he already was in I had to tell him why we were not going to be able to visit him for a couple of days. We didn't want to tell him, but what would he think if everyone from his loved family wasn't there at his time of need. The day after his surgery I told him at half time during a collage football game. He couldn't make stomach muscles to cry and told us to go to take care of his granddaughter. Jerry times do get tuff And I fell for you. It takes a real long time to adjust, and I don't think you really get over it but it does get better. When people die, especially at a young age Its like a wake up call to how precious life is. We are still living need to cherish what we do have. We look forward to you visiting, and hope you do and we understand.    
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:31:35 AM by jmk »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 12:19:03 PM »
Dear Jerry;

I read this and had to close it out do to memories popping up.

I wish to say as many other have already done so, but most have already said it much better than I could come close to adding.

Stay with us and drop in when you can.

A world of friends are here.....

Bruce S

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 12:19:03 PM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

nothing to lose

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 06:18:46 PM »
Hi Jerry,

I am glad your back. I been in Chicago for a bit and not on the forum much so I have not seen the mentioned Sept 10th post yet. Just got home today myself.

Sometimes it's hard to know what to say or not to say at certain times for many of us though we know what grief you are feeling. I have been losing relatives 1 or 2 a year now for awhile, also friends.

Just before going to Chicago I called a specail old friend I hadn't spoken with for a few years and was shocked to hear she was in the hospital with lung heart and kidney problems, only around 46 I think too. All I can find out now is she was released from the hospital a few days ago, but I can't contact anyone now.

What can a person say really at such times?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 06:18:46 PM by nothing to lose »

Jerry

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »
Thanks evryone for sharing and encuragement. It would apear that this group is an extended family.

Most of us have never met but yet through lifes expiriences and intrest we share a form of kinship.

All this kindness makes me want to go wind some coils and glue magnets LOL.

Thanks again guys.

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:56:29 PM by Jerry »

RogerAS

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 06:27:04 AM »
Jerry,

I lost my father to cancer of the lungs. He smoked unfiltered Lucky Strikes for over 40 years. He was a stubborn hillbilly and knew he was dying and kept it to himself. Mom may have known but none of us kids did. I got to bring him up here to my remote property for a deer hunt before he died. He gave me a hint, saying, "This will be my last hunt with you boys". I just thought he was getting too old to enjoy it. Less than a month later he died in my Moms arms on the kitchen floor where he collapsed. Apparently the cancer ate into a major artery and he drowned in his own blood. I'm still not "over" it. I find myself wanting to ask him advice all the time. He taught me how to read game sign and so much more about the outdoors and the rest of this mean ole world I could write a book. He was a great man in so many ways. He was 78.

My mom died about 2 years later. She was, at the time, Arkansas' longest surviving bypass patient. She had numerous repeat visits to the hospital and her heart would just no longer work. She also died at home. I was off in stupid South Daokta working at that failed abortion called the Grand River Museum. My wife Kelly and I luckily had made a visit "home" for Christmas and she died 2 days after we made it back to SD. I may never forgive myself for going back to SD when I knew she wouldn't last much longer. I told Kelly, "I doubt I'll ever see her again" as we were driving away from their house. She was also a hillwoman of the type the just don't make anymore. She could can anything, make clothes from scratch, make a booboo quit hurting with a kiss and make me feel like a fool when I screwed up . She was 75.

Last spring my oldest brother died of complications from an angiogram, the test where they inject dye into the bloodstream an measure heart function. He was also a bypass patient from 8 years earlier. I suspect the health workers dropped the ball somehow as I talked to him the day before and he was as chipper as could be. He was a former crew chief on a very good top fuel rail back in the 60's, managed a major trucking maintence shop, and knew more about engines than anyone I've ever met. He helped me build a 15+ HP Briggs & Stratton from a 5HP block. I could run pushing that lawn mower with it never bogging down even in wet deep grass. He knew just as much about firearms as engines and could quote reload stats for almost any gun made. Being the oldest he was a second dad to me. He was only 62.

Jerry I hope you can appreciate the good times you had with your brother and know he wouldn't want you to morn him too long. I try to think of the times when our family was all together and life was far more simple. We loved and faught and stood by each other like only family can. I find comfort in my kids, grandkids and my loving wife. Without them I would be lost.

The wind machines may offer a form of respite from the loss. It really makes tower and mill failures clearly as unimportant in the grand scale of things as they are. After all these things we do are not who we are, but only a dusty mirroring of a part of us.

Join us when you can and know there are others out here in the world that share your sorrows.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:27:04 AM by RogerAS »

wildbill hickup

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 05:56:09 PM »
Sorry about your loss Jerry. 34 years ago (I was 16) I lost my dad to cancer. He smoked for 40 years, finally quit and 4 years later died of cancer of the liver(he didn't drink)go figure. In a way I do miss him fisicaly, but I feel his presents every day. Remember the good times you had and celibrate your brothers life, what ever it may have been instead of morning his death. It's good to hear from you, we have missed you input.

Wildbill

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 05:56:09 PM by wildbill hickup »

coldspot

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 09:11:53 PM »
jerry-

Sorry about your losses

and misfortunes!

:(

"delta, star and Jerry riging debate"

I for one still think your on to something here!

It's like

pepa's idea for a ceramic stator for heat control,

"on to something". !!!!!!!!!!!!

I helped him with the idea for a split stator,

and hope to get one as a test machine to build!

:)

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 09:11:53 PM by coldspot »
$0.02

domwild

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 11:39:02 PM »
Jerry,

Good to hear from you again; we are all sorry to hear of your loss.

Keep up the good work!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 11:39:02 PM by domwild »

Warrior

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 10:35:03 AM »

Man reading through all these post was one of the hardest things I've had to do.

My deepest symphathy to you. I lost my dad 3 years ago due to colon cancer. He was in and out of the emergency room the last few months of his life. Went through several major surgerys on the way. He passed away sleeping in his bed at home.

I still miss the old man. He was 59.

He always told me to pay attention to RE. Built my first windmill after he died, wish we could have seen it spinning away.

You never recover completley after losing a loved one, but with time you learn to live with.

Hope you get back soon, I have tons of questions for you and want to hear more about Jerry riggin & garbogens.

Warrior

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 10:35:03 AM by Warrior »
Why can't Murphy's Law be used to my advantage?