Author Topic: Scam Report  (Read 211 times)

finnsawyer

Scam Report
« on: February 03, 2008, 04:46:52 PM »
There was some interest shown in the past about a VAWT wind power project in Ishpeming, Michigan by McKenzie Bay International Limited..  It was supposed to be finished in 2006.  It is still not done, and there is some question whether the company still exists.  Also, at least one law suit has been filed against the company, but not involving the project.

I reported about a potential scam in my area here:

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2007/10/26/153113/19

More information is now available.  A Traverse City, Michigan company called Heritage Sustainable Energy LLC has been securing leases along a ridge parallel to Lake Superior that extends from Liminga to Oskar Bay, Michigan.  I'm not sure about the Oskar Bay designation, though, as my property that I Mention in the link is, in my view, on the East end of the ridge where it slopes eastward down to the Portage Shipping Canal.  I'm about 2.5 miles from Oskar Bay.  The entire ridge length would be about 5 miles long.  It should be a good area for wind power.

Currently the company reports that it has secured 15 to 20 leases.  They say they want to put in a wind farm on 2 to 3 thousand acres of land.  They plan to do an evaluation of the actual wind power available once they have enough leases.  I think they also need to look at putting in a high tension line as the area really doesn't have enough population to use all the power a wind farm would provide.  As reported before, the landowners are just getting a nominal amount for the leases.

The company claims to be currently installing two 2.5 MW wind generators in Missaukee county.  I'd like to get up close and personal to one of those in a 30 mph wind to see how much noise they make.  

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 04:46:52 PM by (unknown) »

RUFUS

• Still starving in the east Texas piney woods
Re: Scam Report
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:12:11 PM »

Good luck DUDE   "dose this look like a rip off"

RUFUS
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:12:11 PM by RUFUS »

finnsawyer

Re: Scam Report
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:37:20 AM »
I don't know if this would be a rip off.  It remains to be seen if they actually do put in the two 2.5 MW turbine.  Beyond that, the drying up of credit might affect them.  And how much of the gross revenues will the landowner see anyway?  There are too many imponderables for this lad.  I would need a better guarantee.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 08:37:20 AM by finnsawyer »