Product Reviews > Reviews

a use for all that plastic waste

<< < (3/3)

Tritium:
From another thread on this board a few days ago. there is already a thermal depolymerization plant in the USA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtS6K43np9o
Thurmond

texasGSDgirl:

We are working on a prototype for a small robust pyrolysis device using a 55 gallon metal drum. It's been in the works for a while around other life stuff and has become our mission. We are hoping to make significant progress this summer when a young man from Georgia comes out to Texas to put his experience and youthful energy together with my husband's skills and plans. I don't think I will be allowed to post a link to his Youtube channel but it is Naturejab. He has smaller working models using microwaves. We intend to end up with a machine that can process tires, plastic and even household garbage.

SparWeb:
Hi
Welcome to Fieldlines.

Here's the link to your video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VCY_xxnmfQ
Let me know if I found the right one, or if others are relevant to the subject, too.

Have you captured the gases in a tank and allowed them to cool?  What condenses out? 

If I was to nitpick something, the 10kV that comes out of the microwave transformer is pretty nasty, so your wire connections give me the creeps.  Be careful! 

Please feel welcome to post more about your topic, and give us updates as you go. 

PS: If you like, I can split this topic off to a separate thread, so that your project can stand out more on our site.

clockmanFRA:

--- Quote from: texasGSDgirl on June 05, 2022, 01:03:21 PM ---
We are working on a prototype for a small robust pyrolysis device using a 55 gallon metal drum. It's been in the works for a while around other life stuff and has become our mission. We are hoping to make significant progress this summer when a young man from Georgia comes out to Texas to put his experience and youthful energy together with my husband's skills and plans. I don't think I will be allowed to post a link to his Youtube channel but it is Naturejab. He has smaller working models using microwaves. We intend to end up with a machine that can process tires, plastic and even household garbage.

--- End quote ---

Now a small compact version would be real neat.

I could put my excess 31KW of PV production to use in the summer months.

Over the past 20 years here in France i have seen the plastic packaging etc, has reduced by about half. But the local village bins have seperate waste containers for differeing plastics, but still about half the NOT SURE which plastic it is, ends up just incenerated.

So simple small scale recylcling of plastics etc, would be good all round. 

I will watch your progress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version