Author Topic: Renewable Energy Workshops  (Read 1178 times)

sei

Renewable Energy Workshops
« on: July 24, 2006, 07:14:55 PM »
Solar Energy International (SEI) is a nonprofit organization that has been providing training programs in renewable energy around the world since 1981.

SEI's mission is to help people incorporate renewable energy into their lives. Based in Carbondale, Colorado, and actively teaching around the world, SEI provides information, education and hands-on training to people who want to shape a sustainable future.

SEI enters the fall of 2006 with these exciting workshop opportunities. For more information about these or any of our programs visit our website at www.solarenergy.org or call us at 970-963-8855.

September 9th , Lincroft, New Jersey: Introduction to Renewable Energy. This all-day Saturday workshop will introduce homeowners in how to use solar, wind, and water power systems to generate electricity for homes. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

September 22nd - 24th, Carbondale, Colorado: Hands on workshop:  Intro to Straw Bale Construction. This course is designed for those looking for an introduction to the design considerations and the variety of styles and techniques of the evolving field of straw bale construction. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

September 25th - 29th, Fontana, California: Hands on workshop:  PV Design & Installation. Participants in the PV Design & Installation workshop learn how to use PV (photovoltaic) technology to produce their own electricity from the sun through practical design and installation of PV systems. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

October 2nd - 6th, Pittsboro, North Carolina: Biodiesel Workshop Learn the fundamentals of this alternative fuel (Biodiesel) source that can be used in any diesel engine. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

October 7th, Guemes Island, Washington: Introduction to Renewable Energy. This all-day Saturday workshop will introduce homeowners in how to use solar, wind, and water power systems to generate electricity for homes. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

October 9th - 14th, Guemes Island, Washington: Hands on workshop: PV Design & Installation. Participants in the PV Design & Installation workshop learn how to use PV (photovoltaic) technology to produce their own electricity from the sun through practical design and installation of PV systems. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

October 12th- 14th, Reno, Nevada :  Solar & Radiant Heating Systems.  This 3 day course provides critical information to design practical and efficient solar and radiant heating systems for energy and cost savings with comfort of under floor heating. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

October 16th - 21st, Guemes Island, Washington: Solar Home Design & Natural House Building. Learn solar home design principles and natural building techniques in one workshop! Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

October 30th - November 4th, Anarpa, Mexico: Sustainable Building for the Developing World: Hands on workshop: This course involves the construction of a residence for a low-income family in a Colonia on the U.S. border with Mexico, near Ciudad Juarez. Participants will work with local Mexicans to construct a home out of recycled and natural materials. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

November 13th- 19th, Grupo Fenix, Nicaragua: Hands on workshop:   Renewable Energy for the Developing World: Hands on workshop: Learn about renewable energy technologies for the developing world in the developing world! This workshop will include classroom sessions, labs, and hands-on field work. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

November 13th - 18th, Honolulu, Hawaii: Hands on workshop: PV Design & Installation. Participants in the PV Design & Installation workshop learn how to use PV (photovoltaic) technology to produce their own electricity from the sun through practical design and installation of PV systems. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

November 27th - December 1st, Grass Valley, California: Hands on workshop: PV Design & Installation. Participants in the PV Design & Installation workshop learn how to use PV (photovoltaic) technology to produce their own electricity from the sun through practical design and installation of PV systems. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

December 4th - 8th, Grass Valley, California: Hands on workshop: Advanced Photovoltaics. This class takes an in-depth look at each component in a code compliant PV system and is especially useful for people who currently work in, or plan to be employed in, the PV industry. Contact Solar Energy International, www.solarenergy.org, 970-963-8855.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:14:55 PM by (unknown) »

willib

• SuperHero Member
Re: Renewable Energy Workshops
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 06:18:31 PM »
wow Lincroft

Thats just down the road a piece.

or within spittin distance

insert your own term

anyway i'll be there
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:18:31 PM by willib »
Carpe Ventum (Seize the Wind)

scoraigwind

• www.scoraigwind.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 12:40:53 AM »
I am teaching an SEI workshop next year.  May 7 - 12th, Guemes Island, Washington. Homebuilt wind generators. Contact ian@solarenergy.org for details and price.  I'll also be at Guemes for the previous course 30th April, helping Ian with installing a machine built by ARE as a copy of my AWP design.  Should be a lot of fun :-)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:40:53 AM by scoraigwind »
Hugh Piggott scoraigwind.co.uk

willib

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 04:32:28 PM »
heh heh i didnt realize that you's were charging for this

i thought it was a bunch of enthusists getting together and showing others how to do stuff.

my mistake
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:32:28 PM by willib »
Carpe Ventum (Seize the Wind)

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »
I've attended a few of these - it's money well spent.  They bring in good instructors and they seem to be very well organized.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 11:49:02 AM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.