Homebrewed Electricity > Storage

I found the motherlode

(1/3) > >>

trailerguy:
I found an Ez-go golf cart dealer in a nearby town who sells Trojan batterys. His parents own 3 commercial wind generators located on their farm and they have been hooked to the grid for a number of years. Anyway he has pallets and pallets of Trojan 105's and other brands of take out batterys. A lot of cart owners change all their batterys every couple of years or when they experience a problem. I picked up 6-105's today that were scrap to him for only @ $5. the value of a scrap battery. They all held more than 6v, after setting all winter without a charge. I'm going to desulfate and equalize them before setting them up as a 2nd battery bank. In a few weeks when I've got these set up I'll probably vist him again,LOL.

picmacmillan:
good job trailerguy, its always nice to here someone has saved some big cash by utilizing there resourses :)  hope you enjoy your batteries...sounds like, if they work for a week they will pay for themselves and all the rest is gravy! good job;....pickster

Chiron:
Hokey smokes Bullwinkle!
Anyone too young to understand that, oh welll...

Nando:
Well, where is he located ?.
Nando

nothing to lose:
As Nando said, where?
If close by I am sure many people would like to get those before a scrap yard does!
I won't be greedy if it is near me, I'll take about 20 and leave the rest for others for awhile.
I hope you do well on those. Look at it like I figured mine. I got 10 @ $5 each from the scrap yard. 6 came out good, still working on the other 4 at times stying to get the back to life. I can take them back and get about $3 each selling them to the same yrad for scrap, or when I go to the bigger city sometimes I can haul them up there and get $5 - $6 dollar each. So I have free storage for as long as they last and might even make a profit if they don't work and I scrap them later.
I'll be glad to take alot of them myself if I find them close enough to drive to get them!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version