Author Topic: Dynasty 12-300 UPS batteries  (Read 1238 times)

GRapoza

Dynasty 12-300 UPS batteries
« on: May 10, 2006, 07:12:01 PM »
Hi All, I have a question about the Dynasty UPS Batteries, A friend of mine gave me 24 of the 12-300 batteries. Are these ok for storage batteries? From what I can find about them they are 12v 88AH batteries. Also, one of the ones I have tested was dead so I opened it up and all the cells were bone dry, can I rehydrate these and then run a de-sulfator? Or would I be wasting my time trying to salvage them. He also has some 6V telco batteries he is supposed to give me as well, these are OK to use, right?

Thanks for the advice in advance :)

George
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 07:12:01 PM by (unknown) »

BT Humble

Re: Dynasty 12-300 UPS batteries
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 07:51:11 PM »

Hi All, I have a question about the Dynasty UPS Batteries, A friend of mine gave me 24 of the 12-300 batteries. Are these ok for storage batteries? From what I can find about them they are 12v 88AH batteries. Also, one of the ones I have tested was dead so I opened it up and all the cells were bone dry, can I rehydrate these and then run a de-sulfator? Or would I be wasting my time trying to salvage them.

I've never heard of anyone successfully resurecting a dead SLA battery.  I'm not going to say that it can't be done, but given that you say you've got 2 dozen of them for free even a 75% casualty rate would probably be acceptable. ;-)

He also has some 6V telco batteries he is supposed to give me as well, these are OK to use, right?

Generally speaking telcos seem to use flooded-cell batteries.  They also seem to buy high-quality stuff for some reason, can't imagine why... ;-)

If the price is the same, I say go for it.  At worst you can take them to a metal recycler and make $1 each on them.

BTH

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 07:51:11 PM by BT Humble »

GRapoza

Re: Dynasty 12-300 UPS batteries
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »
Thanks for the info, of the three I picked up 1 read 1.4V and the other 2 read 11.9 havent been charged or even used for a while. I'm hoping 2/3 are still useable :) I havent been able to check out the telco batteries as they are in the back of his shed.

Gotta do some digging for them. Im going to try to rehydrate the bad one and dump charge it with a homemade charger I have, gotta love old microwaves :). Will post what happens with it.

George

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:52:24 PM by GRapoza »