Author Topic: Battery resting voltage  (Read 2844 times)

terramir

Battery resting voltage
« on: April 14, 2007, 04:01:21 AM »
I have two brand new marine deep cycle batteries, Everstart DC27-6 115 Ah in parallel, got lucky and they took my old one back (wasn't working properly within the first year) that's why I got two new ones. Now today at night darkness no charging going on my batteries are resting comfortably at 13V. The question is what is the resting full voltage for this kind of battery I know the usual full charging voltage is around 14.5V, but what is the resting voltage :s When you fill up a battery, and you check the voltage when full and it not being trickle charged what voltage would you get?

Just a question I want to gauge my batteries, I know nominal is 12V however I know with any battery nominal dun really mean crap.

If anyone can point me to articles or graphs I would apprichiate it because I just need to know how full they are a certain resting voltages.

terramir

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 04:01:21 AM by (unknown) »

WindChopper

Re: Battery resting voltage
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 06:18:18 AM »
Hi terramir

Did a quick Google on "Lead Acid Battery Curves" and the first one that popped up was

http://www.wind-sun.com/PDF_Files/battvoltandsoc.pdf

which seems to give a nice general rundown.

The best would be to try to find curves on your specific battery, but this will give you the idea.

Russ

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:18:18 AM by WindChopper »

AbyssUnderground

Re: Battery resting voltage
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 06:52:57 AM »
I use 13.2v as the fully charged resting voltage on my 90Ah SLA Battery and my 17.2Ah SLA Battery.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:52:57 AM by AbyssUnderground »