Author Topic: how to get the water from creek???  (Read 1651 times)

scesnick

how to get the water from creek???
« on: July 01, 2007, 06:51:54 PM »
I recently posted that I was sick and tired of my iron well water and decided to use my creek water ( after testing it ) to use as domestic water. This stream orignates on my property. Anyhoo, Here is the problem I hope you guys can help me with.

I need to devise a way to get the water out of the creek. I was thinking of using a 55 gallon plastic barrel, drilling alot of 1/2 inch holes in it. Then digging a 6ft deep hole right in the stream and putting a couple of cinder block in it to make a stable platform for the barrel. I would then put the barrel into the hole ( onto the cinder blocks)  with a cinder block inside the barrel to hold it down and then a jet pump or well pump sitting on top of the cinder block that is inside the barrel.

I am hoping this will keep most of the fine silt. leaves,twigs out of the pump ( with occasional maintenance of course) Any better suggestions? I am all ears...

Also, this creek is about 300 ft. from my house and the house is about 75ft. higher than the creek. What would you guys suggest as far as the proper pump to lift the water to my house?

Thanks a million.

Please continue this in the original posting rather than splitting it up. Makes lots more sense. Comments disabled to encourage you to do that.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 06:51:54 PM by (unknown) »