Author Topic: Need help with well pumping  (Read 2230 times)

nothing to lose

Need help with well pumping
« on: September 28, 2004, 06:59:06 AM »
Well, my water is comming out of the well at 2.5 gpm using a 10gpm 220v pump! I have no presure on that 2.5gpm either.

Replacing the pump if needed is going to cost about $900!

The well when drilled was 300' or more and the pump is supposed to be 40' off the bottom but supposedly 297' down. That does not add up, 40' mistake somewhere!

The water at that time was supposed to be 100' below the surface, but I don't know where it is now. And the well had a 20gpm capacity, lots of water then!

So figuring the above info and hoping like heck the well did not drop so low in the last 6 yrs as to cause the present problem, what are my options for pumping water other than a 220v pump? My biggest reason for not going off grid soon!

Open to lots of suggestions but keep in mind I don't have much money to spend!

Will be hard enough finding the $900 to have a normal pump  installed, so I can't get like a $4,000 wind pumper for certain!

I would like to have a wind pumper though :)

I have a Aims 5k inverter with a 10k surge capacity as claimed by the manufacturer.

That plus the little UPS inverters for the computers should run my house fine. Need more batteries and a way to charge em, no problem putting up wind gennies just haven't got em done yet. And I have lots of car and lawnmower engines, I'll be using a few for gennies and other stuff on producer gas, woods not a problem either. ANd have other plans too.

Only real problem is getting the water out of that little 6" hole!!!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 06:59:06 AM by (unknown) »

finnsawyer

Re: Need help with well pumping
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 09:35:38 AM »
If Microswitch is behind it I want nothing to do with it.  They took away my ability to control MY computer myself with their 2*(&%) windows.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 09:35:38 AM by finnsawyer »

shay

off grid agricultural water well pumping
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »
This has been a problem for some time here at Morus Springs where the Aermotor windmill has drawn enough water so the spring no longer comes to the surface and for a week at a time the wind is calm. After many hours......days of thought the answer is a pump jack. Electrical (off grid) driven water well submersibles don't deliver enough volume for agriculture. There was a company 10 or so years back that made walking beam deep well (sucker rod driven) pump jacks. I believe they claimed up to 1000' deep could be driven by solar panels and an efficient surface motor. My conclusion was, "OK, then lets use a pump jack to get 13+ GPM from a 100' well for agriculture". Asking about trailer mounted pumpjacks (like Hildabuilt) led to the Jensen pumpjack company of Coffeeville, Kansas. Their 12W is as cute as they come. Driving it with a 1/2hp motor when he windmill isn't running will keep the orchard and garden hydrated! My Jensen's 12W and 13W are from the late 50's/early 60's and are quickly becoming lawn ornaments throughout the "oil belt". These antiques run from $700 to @1500 currently depending on location and condition.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:16:38 AM by shay »