Author Topic: reply to kitno455  (Read 1229 times)

shadowwalker

reply to kitno455
« on: August 24, 2005, 02:42:20 AM »
Okay we live close to the coast, morehead city NC is  about 15-20 miles, we are inland from the ocean, but wind maps say it is no good for windpower. Solar maps say it gets 4500 watts per day sunlight, unless I am reading these things wrong. Home is a 2000 redman so it is well insulated lots of Open space and "supposedly" energy efficient (bull). The last bill was for a twenty eight day period and to the tune of like 260. Our budget only alllows for 150, so that was a system shock. Oh well needed to lose some weight anyway.

The house has been converted to 110v for everything except the heatpump which we are looking into alternatives here too. I guess the biggest consumption right now is the heatpump. We have the therm set on 75 all the time.So I have no idea why the large bill. I did call and they cried the blues about "it has been hot and gas prices are rising" is all I got from them. Go figure. I have not at present figured out what wattage demand the house has but also looking into the lower wattage flourscent lights I have been told about, what watt would i buy to equal the 60 watt bulbs we now use? We have very little shade around the house so that does not help either.

Editors Note:

May I suggest you open a Diary entry on this subject. Replying to an individual user with a fresh story will make it very hard to track the thread. You can post a Diary Entry
HERE

Editor.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 02:42:20 AM by (unknown) »