Author Topic: Experiment w/Small Turbine & 200W Grid-Tie Inverter  (Read 961 times)

nathanca

Experiment w/Small Turbine & 200W Grid-Tie Inverter
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »
Thanks again everyone for all the help here! (see my past posts if you want to read all the details)

After asking some friends and family for help on my wind turbine project, I've decided to slow down and learn more about what I'm doing, and maybe even return the inverter. But, I thought I'd run a test this weekend, just for the interest of... um... science. Yeah, why not.

The turbine put out anywhere from about 5-15 volts, just barely enough to turn on one of the green lights on the inverter (3 green lights should mean it's feeding power to the grid). Here's the pics:

One more update: the turbine maker says that it's a 260V Mcmillan treadmill motor.

So... I'm trying to decide if I should return the inverter and start over later, or maybe replace the windmill motor with another one? Hmmmmm....

If he wants to rant about this bad decision he should do it in one of the prior posts of his on it or a diary not open a fresh post for every stray thought.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:42:52 PM by (unknown) »