Author Topic: Japan Power $.21 per kwh daytime, $.07 nightime (battery a choice)?  (Read 755 times)

tokyo23ku

Hello from Japan!

I  have a beach house outside Tokyo. The day time / night time electricity charges are as above... Due to neighbors, wind is basically out. Due to land cost and building orientation, PV is basically out. Any comments on my idea of using a big battery bank and buying night time power?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 05:30:49 AM by (unknown) »

Victor

Re: Japan Power $.21 per kwh daytime, $.07 nighti
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 07:23:34 AM »
I have heard of people in California who have similar rates and own battery based solar systems doing this where they sell their solar AND battery during the day and grid charge at night.

I doubt it will save you money because of the cost of the equipment. If you had other reasons to have the equipment such as poor grid reliability then it may be a good Idea. Of course it would be helping the utility meet the demand load if your an alturist. The utilities have looked at doing the same thing but the economics don't yet wash.

Victor

« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 07:23:34 AM by Victor »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
Re: Japan Power $.21 per kwh daytime, $.07 nighti
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 08:51:33 AM »
    Don't get a big battery bank...get a couple of batterys ....charge them at night...use them during the day learn how to use hardly any electricity during the day. Conserving energy is what it's all about. Never use electricity for lighting if you can find any way to use sunlight directly, an outside mirror reflecting a patch of sunlight onto a 2ft.x4ft. white ceiling panel is an impessive hunk of light compared to an 80 watt fluroscent light fixture!

Have Fun! ( :>)Norm.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 08:51:33 AM by Norm »