Author Topic: Monday May 15 guest posting  (Read 4002 times)

Dixie

Monday May 15 guest posting
« on: May 16, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »
Well I for one am a workin' dog. Dan and Dan and George are off on their vacation in Wisconsin, but when I woke up this morning at 5am, I knew there was work to be done at the shop, I ate my kibbles, and to the shop I went..

Princess Morwen and Flash were sleeping (as usual) when I arrived at the windmill shop, but I didn't really care. There was work to be done.

It was a chilly morning, so of course the first thing to do was to get a fire going. Damn... Y'alls may thing loading a stove is easy, but try it with paws and a snout...

And I had to put on a record. Not that it's needed... us workin' dogs don't need no stinkin' music, but the other dogs seem to like it.

Morwen the borzoi thought about getting up at that time... but... she didn't. Lazy lazy lazy.

I had to get some measuremnets from Dan's large windmill in order to get angles for the furling mekanism for the turbine that I'm building to power my sisters new 'dog house'

I had to do some milling in order to get the parts to line up just right... no biggie doing that.. but this  shop sure would benefit from some stools.

Flash did prove himself to be a good watchdog. What the hell he was 'watching' is beyond me, but he watched it real good...

I thought the airbrake system on Scott's new/old Wincharger was interesting, and I considered something similar... but...

The simplicity of the furling system on Rich's new genrator looks much more attractive.

So, back to the shop. Had to do some lathe work. I sure wish someone would get some stools!

I took a break from metal work in order to start on the stator. This coil didn't look right, so I just tossed it about for fun. Workin' dogs have to have some fun too, you know.

My annoying adoptive little sister Koko. Whenever I'm working, she just whines and runs around in circles. Sometimes I just have bite her. Can't help it. I can't wait until her new dog house is done so she can move out!

Back to metal work. Damn this shop could sure use some stools!

Kodi sure has it good! In anticipation of his absence, DanF hired two full time caretakers for her while he's away. Kodi took a very relaxing day off...

There was some welding to be done... so I had to fire up the FuKing generator.

This must be a lot easier with thumbs...

Morwen and Flash continued with their pre-planned day of sleep.

Ah... finally. The perfect coil.

Digo... geez. Took the day off to play golf. Play play play, and nothin' but a lot of it.

OK...I'll admit. I took a little time to play golf too...

Near the golf course, we found another workin' dog... Captain spent the day busily clearing trees to make room for Rich's new windmill. A most impressive effort on his part.

After the golfing break, I got started on carving blades. Teeth aren't the best tool for the job, but it's about all I've got... Damn that freaky little sister Koko running in circles again.

After their long, hard day of napping, Flash was ready for a beer. Damn this shop could sure use some stools!

I tried to make some pizza, but the other dogs ate all the toppings and cheese before I could even get the chance to finish the crust. Oh well... what can you do. Some dogs just got no self control... I'll admit to have enjoyed some of the kibble topping myself...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 02:31:28 PM by (unknown) »

jimjjnn

Re: Monday May 15 guest posting
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:32:03 AM »
This post is great.

I have a little blind pug that is great company but last night had a bad case of dire rear and tried to get on my lanai(enclosed deck) he left a small trail but finally made it out and did his thing so now I have to clean it up. He's a great little guy that was abused by former owners but is real happy here and tries to constantly please. Gets around amazingly well for being blind. I believe in all the dog rescue groups out there and got this little guy from Colorado Pug Rescue.

He thinks he is the biggest dog on the block so is constantly getting in trouble with the really BIG dogs here but they like having him here too as they always greet him .When I can get to Rist Canyon again, I plan on bringing him along too as he loves riding in my Liberty since he has his own space with a bed in back
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 09:32:03 AM by jimjjnn »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 10:25:25 AM »
The dog with the camera made a good job as well

Flux

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:25:25 AM by Flux »

whatsnext

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 10:34:44 AM »
The dog should probably be wearing safety glasses at least, especially when welding.

I'm calling shenanigans!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:34:44 AM by whatsnext »

jmk

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »
 If you can sneak a picture tonight when they are playing poker, smoking cigars, and drinking beer.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 02:19:43 PM by jmk »

dinges

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 02:28:25 PM »
Excellent read!

Good to see there was no erection party this week...

What's the topic for next week's posting; the difference between round, round*ish*, elliptical, etc. coils?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 02:28:25 PM by dinges »
“Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.” (W. von Braun)

jimjjnn

Napping and ready to go to work
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 03:34:53 PM »
Here's my boss napping and ready to weld even tho he is blind

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:34:53 PM by jimjjnn »

vawtman

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 03:42:39 PM »
Dan and the guys will be glad to get out of here (wi).Its been miserable here.

Morwen is the manager and Flash is the foreman.How can you tell you might ask?Looks like buttkissin too me.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:42:39 PM by vawtman »

terry5732

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 11:28:13 PM »
Pretty dognotgone good
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 11:28:13 PM by terry5732 »

jmk

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 05:15:36 AM »
 I think your wrong about the beer. It looks to me that he is eyeballing the bottle of Jack.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 05:15:36 AM by jmk »

Dawn

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 10:00:32 AM »
Vacation in Wisconsin, huh?

Well, we do have a beautiful state, the weather has been aweful....  nothing but rain, rain, rain and more rain.  Oh well, there are other pastimes that can be done when the weather is not cooperating.  I hope they had fun.

Off to cut the lawn even though it's still wet because there's more rain forcasted for this afternoon.

Thanks for the dog pictures.  Here's a link to my boys.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~buxton/M&M_2.JPG

Dawn

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 10:00:32 AM by Dawn »

Sponge

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 01:17:51 PM »
Great post! :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 01:17:51 PM by Sponge »

force9BOAT

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 01:36:16 PM »
Is Flash a German Shorthair Pointer?  That's the kind of dog I grew up with.  Loved that dog.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 01:36:16 PM by force9BOAT »

richhagen

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 04:53:48 PM »
Did you guys and Max manage to get that big, Jacobs was it, mill up in the air?  Rich
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 04:53:48 PM by richhagen »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!

srnoth

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 08:48:23 PM »
This one is pretty funny:

How many times have I seen that, lol.

Stephen.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 08:48:23 PM by srnoth »

Dawn

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 06:54:54 AM »
Alright Stephen....

How did you locate one of the other pictures of Max? Now I know a few gentlemen by your name and I'm wondering if you're one that I know, or a computer guru.

BTW, Max may be a little guy, but he thinks he's the size of german shepherd.  LOL!

The Jacobs isn't flying yet.  We've ordered parts from the factory and there are other projects that are taking precedence over this one.  Hopefully this fall we'll be done.

Dawn  

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 06:54:54 AM by Dawn »

Dixie

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 06:56:13 AM »
yea... That's exactly what he is. Supposed to be a workin' breed, but it sure seems like he just sleeps. And to think he cost a hundred bucks... that would buy a lot of kibbles.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 06:56:13 AM by Dixie »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Killer
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 07:10:49 AM »
This is my Buddy:

He doesn't do much beyond light guard duty and biscuit searching. Always there when I need a pal or if treats need to be consumed.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 07:10:49 AM by TomW »

srnoth

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 01:36:08 PM »
Hey Dawn,

Lol, I don't think I'm any of the Stephens you know, computer guru maybe, or most likely just too inquisitive! Hehe. All I did was when I went to the link you gave (http://www.frontiernet.net/~buxton/M&M_2.JPG), I removed the last part to see if you had a webpage or something (http://www.frontiernet.net/~buxton/), but all I got was a list the pictures you had posted here. That one with the cat and the dog made me laugh, :-).

Sorry if we weren't supposed to see those pics :(

Stephen.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 01:36:08 PM by srnoth »

Dawn

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 01:49:52 PM »
Stephen:

It's all good.  I don't put anything out there that I haven't shared elsewhere on a public site.  It was a bit surprizing that's all.  Thanks!  I learned something new.

Dawn

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 01:49:52 PM by Dawn »