Author Topic: Multiple VAWT bleuze  (Read 1071 times)

wdyasq

Multiple VAWT bleuze
« on: July 17, 2005, 03:25:18 AM »
For what it is worth -----

http://www.massmegawatts.com/

Enjoy,

Ron

« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 03:25:18 AM by (unknown) »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Re: Multiple VAWT bleuze
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 10:08:07 PM »
Id say its worth about 2cent's.

Just kidding,,, didnt even follow the link.[pause] ...Theoretically speaking(ov'course), turbulent flow, in field full of VAWT's, the wash airflow following the turbines may not be lamanar, at lease to the following turbine? is this whayt ypu're so vaguely refering too Wasdag? [chuckles]

Interesting observation Wdyasq,

the other night, I was reading some astrophysics book with my friend, and we determined(aregued the possibilite) that the cosmic baskground noise that seems to come from everywhere in the sky, is really cosmic rays bouncing off of all the different stars in the many galaxy's of the universe, so that the universe is in-finite and cosmic background noise comes from a bumper pool effect fom the stars. For me this justifys an expanding universe, i favor cosmology over astrophysics.

-JW

JW

« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 10:08:07 PM by JW »

bob golding

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 04:02:07 AM »
hmmm the type face and the BIG RED lettering might be a clue. reminds me of those earn thousands of dollars  for just sitting on your a***s licking envolopes and posting them ads you see on lamp posts. i could be wrong of course and we are all missing out on the next big thing. maybe i should have read further.

bob golding

« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 04:02:07 AM by bob golding »
if i cant fix it i can fix it so it cant be fixed.

drdongle

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 09:24:26 AM »
It's interesting but I'll reserve final judgment for now. I am put off by their financial figures which to my untrained eye seem incomplete.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 09:24:26 AM by drdongle »

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 03:49:31 PM »
i could'nt access every thing but it looks like a whole bunch of savonas mills tied together to multiply the power. it should work, i don't want to invest!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 03:49:31 PM by electrondady1 »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 06:42:20 AM »
   Wow....I'd say a guy with a dozen large

aluminum beer kegs could make one large savonnius that

would be some serious competition

to these guys...(especially if they were full to

start with....)

( :>) Norm.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 06:42:20 AM by Norm »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 04:39:37 PM »
While I don't believe their financial statement. They do say that since they are a publicly treaded company and their statements are forward looking.

I do find the setup quite interesting.

By looking at the pictures and paying real close attention to the multiple blades, they do look as if they could actually work.

BUT in keeping an open & curious mind... this could actually work. They look like they built the blades with a poly-type material to keep the weight down and have actually thought in advance about balance.

There could however be an entire argument for why in the world if they came up with such a novel idea that they would use Pulleys of all things.

I for one wouldn't try this many units; and if I had I would have a whole lot more data available to prove my statements.

I for one would've built it and had data to back me up first but that's just me.

I don't think I will invest in them, but I would like to know more about their setup.

But who knows

my 1 1/2 cents worth

Bruce S

« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 04:39:37 PM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard