Author Topic: Information overload  (Read 1071 times)

brian2034

Information overload
« on: September 03, 2005, 03:43:33 PM »
I have been watching the site for the past year and decided it's time to jump in and build a wind turbine. I would like to build a turbine to produce enough energy to power a electric heater during the winter months. This is the main goal as the winter is approaching this area quick!! Is it possible to wire a wind turbine directly to a A/C heater with no batteries.

I'm thinking the neo magnets 1"x2"x1/2" would be the best value and also will use a automotive stub axle but will make magnet rotors from 1/4" steel plate. I have experience with fiberglass so I will make the blades out of fiberglass and foam for the core they should be super lite and strong.

Objective: Build wind turbine to produce 1500-2500 watts A/c for heating

Question 1: What diameter does the turbine blade's need to be (I live on the coast   of newfoundland canada)

Question 2: How many magnets in a dual rotor system what size rotors.

Question 3: How many coils what size wire and how many turns in the coils.

I have a full shop so building the turbine should be no problem. There is a huge amount of information and opinion's on the sites and if I could get a general idea of what I need to start it would be Great!!

Brian Parsons

« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 03:43:33 PM by (unknown) »

wdyasq

Buy the Plans
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 09:59:40 AM »
Buy Hugh Piggots plans and do a google search of fieldlines.  Use real material on the blsdes and you won't have to pick the pieces from the yard or your kid/dog/house.

Ron

« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 09:59:40 AM by wdyasq »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"